Good samaritan

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
This surprised me!But a good thing for Donald trump to do!

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) - Donald Trump will soon be Ed McMahon's landlord.

Trump announced Thursday he would save the television personality's Beverly Hills mansion from foreclosure by buying it for an undisclosed amount and leasing it to McMahon.

The developer told the Los Angeles Times he doesn't know McMahon personally, but acted out of compassion because helping out "would be an honor."

McMahon, 85, who was Johnny Carson's sidekick on the "Tonight" show for three decades, has not worked for about 18 months because of a neck injury. He defaulted on $4.8 million in mortgage loans with Countrywide Financial Corp.

McMahon's spokesman, Howard Bragman, told The Associated Press that paperwork on the sale had not been completed but that McMahon was "very optimistic" the deal would go through.

"When I was at the Wharton School of Business I'd watch him every night," Trump told the Times. "How could this happen?"

McMahon bought the six-bedroom, five-bathroom, 7,000-square-foot house in January 1990. The home was listed at $4.6 million last weekend - down from a peak price of $7 million.

that was nice of trump to buy the manisoin.an lease it back to mcman.but you have to wonder if he can afford the lease payments.

Hope I don't have to worry about 4.8 million in mortgage loans when I am 85.

bigbull338":3ebx7ows said:
but you have to wonder if he can afford the lease payments.

I would guess the answer is no.

I'd guess that would depend on how much the lease was for.. Boy,has Trump came up in my opinion!
From something I'd scrape off my shoe,to "nice guy"..Goes ta show ya,you never can tell about people. :)

peg4x4":rjz1xs3q said:
I'd guess that would depend on how much the lease was for.. Boy,has Trump came up in my opinion!
From something I'd scrape off my shoe,to "nice guy"..Goes ta show ya,you never can tell about people. :)

I'm not so sure. Most likely a good investment for Trump and a chance to get his name in the news.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":e44lnh1q said:
peg4x4":e44lnh1q said:

I'm not so sure. Most likely a good investment for Trump and a chance to get his name in the news.

Yep...always the opportunist...notice the price was reduced from $7 million. He'll put a little paint on it and sell it for twice that much and get publicity to boot.

Trump never makes a deal that he wont coem out ahead on. He wil lstep on anyone to do it so i doupt he did it out of the goodness of his heart.

Wish he'd step on me and make my mortgage. Geeze guys ~ you are losing sight. First of all, good for him for taking the opportunity to make a buck. I'm not turning those opportunities away. Are any of you? Who is it hurting? He gets publicity ~ good. It is a good thing he is doing. I am sick of hearing about bad things people do. He has worked to get what he has. Let him spend it as he wants.

angie":ukvcxskc said:
Wish he'd step on me and make my mortgage. Geeze guys ~ you are losing sight. First of all, good for him for taking the opportunity to make a buck. I'm not turning those opportunities away. Are any of you? Who is it hurting? He gets publicity ~ good. It is a good thing he is doing. I am sick of hearing about bad things people do. He has worked to get what he has. Let him spend it as he wants.

Amen

Caustic Burno":k5plqizo said:
angie":k5plqizo said:

Amen

Anybody that has a conflict with Rosie O'Donnell is ok in my book...

He (Trump) would have really come up in my book if he would have taken that 4.8 million dollars and bought out 40 forclosures from 40 elderly regular people that are disabled or disabled veterans. I feel sorry for McMahon but lets face it. He made a ton of money in his life. If he would have bought a modest 2 million dollar mansion then he would not be where he is at now. It would have been paid for long ago and he would be able to retire in dignity and not need to work when he's 85.

angie":2hkdfokp said:

I'm not against anyone making a buck but I wouldn't use my friends or anyone else for that matter to do it.

HOSS":2h62a91s said:
He (Trump) would have really come up in my book if he would have taken that 4.8 million dollars and bought out 40 forclosures from 40 elderly regular people that are disabled or disabled veterans. I feel sorry for McMahon but lets face it. He made a ton of money in his life. If he would have bought a modest 2 million dollar mansion then he would not be where he is at now. It would have been paid for long ago and he would be able to retire in dignity and not need to work when he's 85.

This is very true. I think the super rich do not look at life the smae way as just regular normal people. I'm sure he thought the money would never run out, and spent very foolishly. But, I still think Trump is doing a good deed, and if he can make some money along the way, and help out someone he admires, why not?

GMN

Latest posts