Good rain

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
Well we finally got some rain here in East Texas. 1 3/8 inch. The crimson, apache clover and rye grass has sprouted and looks to have a good stand. The clover only has the first two leaves on it. The rye grass is still very small but thick. Hope this gives me some spring grazing. It will if we still get a little rain every few days. I sowed it with an old John Deere plain B grain drill.
Jack Hurley
Yantis Texas

hey jack im not that far from you an we got 2in of rain.im just glad to see some rain before it freezes so we dont kill our grass.

I got just over 1/2 inch and it was enough to get my oats up. They were drilled in this year and look like they will be pretty and thick if we get a little more rain like they're promising.

They are predicting a wet and mild winter for us in south central Texas. Sure hope they're right.

:D I got 1.5 inches yesterday.
This is the only rain that I got in a month, that was when I planted wheat and ryegrass. And it was starting to turn brown.

I'm 30 miles north of College Station. They got 5.3 inches of rain yesterday. I got 6/10. I'm happy as a hog stuffed on whiskey soured corn. None of my rain ran off like nearly all of College Station's.