Good Call

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Went hunting with my son today and he shot this one with a camera rather than a bullet. It was slow this afternoon and I know it took a little will power not to break the monotony by taking the shot but he understands we can't have good bucks if we shoot the youngsters. Give him time and a little luck and he might grow to be something worth having on the wall.

I didn't take it, he did. He said it was hard but he used his phone and kept moving it back and to until he got it right. Said he took several pictures but this was the best.

kenny thomas":3vd2komk said:
I think if you are not gonna kill them you should have a paint ball gun there to mark them with. Practice for when he gets bigger.

I like the way you think.

If you look at this deer you can see a bullet hole in its ear. He was harvested about 300 yards from where I dropped a doe and her yearling buck got pizzed at me and got to snorting and stomping his feet at me in utter fury. I thought this fool best not tempt me or I'll drop him but he kept on. I raised my rifle and saw how nice a target his ear was and put one through it and he ran off learning a valuable lesson. I can't swear this is the same deer but the age is right, its the same ear and he was the right age and he had a perfect hole punched through his ear. At 260 lbs we had a devil of a time getting him out of the woods but this in itself is enough reason for me to let the youngsters walk.

Latest posts