Gonna post a few pics of our commercial 2013 calf crop

Help Support CattleToday:

Having a little trouble retrieving my pics, thanks to my computer. Will get them on here some time. I'm located in Caldwell County, Kentucky.

Ohrmundt Simmentals, Thanks, I like that type of markings as well. His Dam has a large mask on her face, literally one side white the other black. My mother call her Mask Cow.

Yeah, with my Heterozygous Black Dream On son, I can get a black or black baldy, red or red baldy, and a gold or a shade of gray. At least I don't get any excessive white. I Like surprises. Here's the other black bull:

Beautiful calves. Caldwell County. Not sure I been through there but at least now I know there is at least one good cattlemen there. Thank you for making our evening a little nicer.

I like scale- smashin' calves, no matter the color! I'm glad to see it is still green where you are in Ky.
Please post more pics later this fall.

Sold a few calves this past Thursday including the 1st black bull in the pictures. Had 3 black bulls that they weighed together, one of them being the one in the pic. Another was a Triple C Bettis son, and the third was another son of our Dream On son. Anyhow they averaged 552 pounds and brought 1.62 lb. The black bull in the pic was 1 week shy of being 6 months old, we usually don't sell calves under 6 - 8 months old but he was really looking nice. I'll try to find some time to update some pics of the others, before they sell. Thinking of possibly keeping the heifer as a replacement.

FlyingLSimmentals":3b6g8swh said:
Sold a few calves this past Thursday including the 1st black bull in the pictures. Had 3 black bulls that they weighed together, one of them being the one in the pic. Another was a Triple C Bettis son, and the third was another son of our Dream On son. Anyhow they averaged 552 pounds and brought 1.62 lb. The black bull in the pic was 1 week shy of being 6 months old, we usually don't sell calves under 6 - 8 months old but he was really looking nice. I'll try to find some time to update some pics of the others, before they sell. Thinking of possibly keeping the heifer as a replacement.

Good price for that size. Nice calves.

fitz

Yeah Fitz, our blacks did very well, but their red brothers the same size went for 1.48. At the time I was really wishing my Heterozygous Black Dream On son was Homozygous Black. It just makes me think that someone paid 14 cents more per lb. just for a black hide and that the beef on the red ones would be and taste just as good. Anyhow someone got some nice red ones for a lot better deal than who bought the blacks. I still like my red cattle and I'll just continue to remember the few times that the reds out sold the blacks.