Gonna build a shed

Help Support CattleToday:

Kingfisher

Reaction score
It's fall the weather is cool. I'm building a shed. Been thinking about it and "stealing" material for a bit. Multi purpose. Fire wood shed but if you squint goat barn...:). I've seen guys here and there build some neat stuff all year. Some high dollar barns and neat places. Are you building anything this fall?

I'm going to build a tire water trough and paint it up nice and pretty with flowers and unicorns on it so none of the cows or hifalutin neighbors get offended by it when they drive by.
:lol: ;-)

Seriously, might build a run in or loafing shed, but that's about it.

I dearly love to build. I'd have something going all the time, if I could afford it. I built a loading alley a couple of months ago. I plan to subdivide my cattle trap a little now. It's to hard to separate out what you want, from what you don't.

We are just coming into summer of course, I have the materials to start on a machinery shed. It will have a sloping flat skillion roof, 20' deep and 3 bays of 14' each, open at the front but back and eastern end sheeted the western end will be left open to allow for it to be extended. It will be an ongoing project, as I get more stuff I just add to it as materials come to hand. We use all steel construction here using tophat purlins that will span 4 meters across the bays and the sides to screw the sheets to. It is a very cheap and easy method of construction yet done right with bracing will have cyclone rating.

Ken

We're re-building a shed built in the 1930's that suffered a lot of damage from the tornado. Does that count? BTW it's not fun but I have learned some new cuss words from my husband.

Think I'm going to build a rack/shed to store tractor implements. Tripped over a bushhog wheel in the dark this summer. I fall just as well as I ever have, but I land really poorly these days. Want to get everything together with a little weather protection.

Space underneath for disk, blade and bushhog. Space up top for loader bucket, bale spears and other lighter stuff. Roof overhead with a little extension off the back for afternoon shade for the heifer pen. Still wanting to figure out a way to get my post auger stored there too.

Have some light pole sections and metal that followed me home from an auction and a bunch of good treated 2X8 from a deck the neighbor replaced. Might get by for just the cost of some gravel to put under it and concrete to set the posts.

Latest posts