Goat

Help Support CattleToday:

MurraysMutts

Reaction score
What is she??
Should I milk her?
I'm thinking I'll dry her up. Any advice?
I don't know what I'd do with goats milk anyway. Wonder if I can graft a baby goat on her... if I can find one.
She just weaned her Triplets this morning and is a bit frantic searching for them. Sweet sweet lil girl tho.
She likes carrots...
Screenshot_20240407-203906_Gallery.jpg
And exploring
Screenshot_20240407-203847_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240407-203833_Gallery.jpg
And 14% creep
Screenshot_20240407-203801_Gallery.jpg
Heck of an udder for a lil 16 month old goat.
Screenshot_20240407-203745_Gallery.jpg

What is she??
Should I milk her?
I don't know what I'd do with goats milk anyway. Wonder if I can graft a baby goat on her... if I can find one.
She just weaned her Triplets this morning and is a bit frantic searching for them. Sweet sweet lil girl tho.
She likes carrots...
View attachment 43395
And exploring
View attachment 43396View attachment 43397
And 14% creep
View attachment 43398
View attachment 43399
Oh no you've gone to the dark side and got a goat! 🤣

If she was bigger you could build a stand for her and let her raise bottle calves. I know a guy who's daughter raised a slug of bucket calves on nannies back when calves were cheap.

Looks like a Nigerian cross at least..dairy goat. Gotta cut feed to dry her off. If she had triplets still on her, Oy! You can try grafting, not sure it works as easily on goats as calves that far out. Usually kids are pulled and bucket raised. At least the udder is lower capacity.

For sure.
This lil gal can't be but about 40 or 50lbs.

No one I know had a baby goat that needs a mama.

@Hpacres440p I'll stop with feed!
Gotta get her some hay for now. Locked her up in the mini barn til I get gate fixed.

@SBMF 2015 the dark side?? 😆
I really don't know WHY I got her. Funny thing really. They were selling her in the old K mart parking lot....
They wanted 130 bucks. I spouted off 80 and that was that.
I don't think she would make enough to feed one bottle calf. She's quite small. I'm thinking Nigerian Dwarf as well. Mostly.

Oh no you've gone to the dark side and got a goat!
My thoughts too. When I was about 14, my old Granny told me the dark one is all around us with all kinds of temptations (I think she was talkin about the little red haired girl that lived down the road)
Next thing we know, he'll be asking Marie to change his username to Oklahomagoatroper, start sellin Murray's All-Natural Miracle Goat Milk Soap, and talkin about how great goat gut soup tastes....
(menuda)

and of course, goat cheese.......

What is she??
Should I milk her?
She likes carrots...
View attachment 43395
And exploring
View attachment 43396View attachment 43397
And 14% creep
View attachment 43398
View attachment 43399
Goat's milk is great to use for almost any newborn mammal, including calves. You could milk her for a while and freeze some to use on newborn calves that need to be bottle fed for a short time. Other people might buy the milk from you. Are there any wildlife rehabilitation centers nearby? They always need milk for baby wildlife and goat's milk works well. It works well for puppies and kittens too. Is there any place that takes care of orphaned puppies or kittens nearby that might want to buy it?

Last edited:
Goat's milk is great to use for almost any newborn mammal, including calves. You could milk her for a while and freeze some to use on newborn calves that need to be bottle fed for a short time. Other people might buy the milk from you. Are there any wildlife rehabilitation centers nearby? They always need milk for baby wildlife and goat's milk works well. It works well for puppies and kittens too. Is there any place that takes care of orphaned puppies or kittens nearby that might want to buy it?
Yep. There is a couple around here that raise meat goats...Boers, I think they call them..and some breed of meat sheep. They have 2 or 3 dairy goats as well, that they keep to feed orphaned or rejected lambs. They don't graft them @MurraysMutts , they milk them and bottle feed the babies. I have seen people graft a "rescued" fawn onto a goat before, though.

I knew some folks that had a great tax racket running an "animal rescue" deal. That goat could be the start of a great write off and maybe donations from little old ladies.
:unsure: Well, this little old lady would never donate anything to a goat.
I have known people that would put a goat on a milking stand and let calves nurse them. But they were large goats, the is
an awfully small goat.

I had to Google it....
Okc, Tulsa etc.

This 9ne has more pictures

I had to Google it....
Okc, Tulsa etc.

This 9ne has more pictures
I can guarantee they don't have any bucks out there-those critters have no shame. And they have an odor you will taste every time you eat goat if it isn't cooked properly. They do have some interesting flexibility though😆🤣

Latest posts