Goat Advice?

Help Support CattleToday:

I'de like to thank the two gents above for replying to my pm. Your knowlege make you worth your wieght in gold.

Thanks Dun and Knersie,

Beckett

Knersie even taught me how to spell boer. (Not boar) :p

Yes mam
6 boers and a bunch of mixed breed. Includeing a couple pygmies.
What do you have Mare?

Right now none. I'm still trying to learn about cattle. They seem to be enough for now. I still have to patch one more hole where Sara-lu already pushed out the fence. I'm planning to do that over Christmas weekend. In between doing Christmas Dinner and the rest of the fun stuff that's goes with it. Do you have pic's of your goats?

Hey, sorry I missed this. What happened?

And really guys, be fair, they arent that hard to fence in. A strong ringlock/hingejoint fence suitable for crossbred sheep with keep 95% of them in. The rest are jumpers or crawlers, and should be culled.

Just a couple quick pictures of some of mine (these are angoras, I have boer and dairy too)

These are my three show babies for the autumn show circuit (starts in Feb)

Ellie May

PC090162.jpg

Emmy Lou

PC090170.jpg

Elana

PC090171.jpg

Ellie May again

PC090166.jpg

what the hay?! i thought i was the only one nutty enough to have goats on here? :banana:

Beefy":3p4x54xl said:
what the hay?! i thought i was the only one nutty enough to have goats on here? :banana:
He claimes they belong to his wife, but if they do why didn;t she ask the questions?

I don't have any goats, don't want any, and have never eaten one.
They climb up on things and look down at me like I am some sort of lower life form and below them on the food chain.
Gives me the creeps. :frowns:

Good pic's they are so cute. Our fair drop the goat group. We show cattle and swine only. But I want a dairy goat. But not yet. Still on cows. But I have to say it's coming in place for all of us. So that is a good thing. :)

Ryder":376cu0v6 said:
They climb up on things and look down at me like I am some sort of lower life form and below them on the food chain.

A "stocking stuffer" for my daughter was the 2010 Calendar "Goats in Trees". I got it at TSC if you want one.

Ryder":5kfcsabm said:

Dang Ryder, I thought only snakes gave you the creeps! :lol: Goats are cool critters, I have quite a few out here and I love them - even when they are standing on things and looking down on me!

dun":2a6p6ff4 said:
He claimes they belong to his wife

Gee thanks Dun .. you gave up my weekness.. LOL
I guess i should visit the "everything" part of this forum more often.
I will post some pics later.

Beckett

msscamp":235vf20c said:
Ryder":235vf20c said:

Dang Ryder, I thought only snakes gave you the creeps! :lol: Goats are cool critters, I have quite a few out here and I love them - even when they are standing on things and looking down on me!
I have more than one "issue".
Gorillas disturb me as well. Almost took a job one time which part of it would have been managing a bunch of critters (no snakes). Gorillas were part of the deal. Some of them hate people and are always plotting against you. They will throw stuf at you.
I had no idea how to go about handling gorillas.
:???:

john250":au9ng2js said:
Ryder":au9ng2js said:

A "stocking stuffer" for my daughter was the 2010 Calendar "Goats in Trees". I got it at TSC if you want one.
Thanks for the information. But do not want one in the house. :shock:

Latest posts