Go figure

Help Support CattleToday:

rgv

Reaction score
Well - just got 35 acres on the ground. On the last bit to mow - Push clutch in - goes to the floor and stays there.
Clutch ? = NH TN 70 2000 - 648 hours
Dealers closed. Just thought I would see if any ideas were out there. Alwaya hate having to wait till the morning to get a plan of action together.

Check the linkage at the top of the pedal under the dash. My dad and I were cutting hay a few weeks ago and I saw him stop on the opposite end of the field. Clutch pedal was completely dead. The small retaining ring that holds the linkage to the pedal had fallen off on his tractor. We have TN65s.

Yep -
That has come off a couple times. The dealer never has the right little deal that is supposed to go on there. That's what I thought it was the minute it happened. But when it is hooked back on the pedal stays all the way down.
Even working it by hand I could not get it in gear. I had to jam it in gear to get home.

rgv":2tv0xmtf said:
Yep -
That has come off a couple times. The dealer never has the right little deal that is supposed to go on there. That's what I thought it was the minute it happened. But when it is hooked back on the pedal stays all the way down.
Even working it by hand I could not get it in gear. I had to jam it in gear to get home.

It's called the Geez clip 'cause when it goes flying off you go "Geez" wheremIgonnafindoneofthose.

Earl Thigpen":3apxpmfv said:
rgv":3apxpmfv said:
Yep -

It's called the Geez clip 'cause when it goes flying off you go "Geez" wheremIgonnafindoneofthose.

Yep, I've heard that before - except the language was slightly different. :shock: :oops: :lol: :lol: Funny how that generally seems to happen about 5 minutes before closing time on a Saturday, isn't it? :roll:

rgv":1naskfri said:
Well - just got 35 acres on the ground. On the last bit to mow - Push clutch in - goes to the floor and stays there.
Dealers closed. Just thought I would see if any ideas were out there. Alwaya hate having to wait till the morning to get a plan of action together.

Take your other tractor or rent your's neighbor tractor.

From time to time, there is the discussion of buying this brand or that. But the end deal is always will you be able to get service?
I have dealt with the same folks for awhile and they have always been fair in their dealing etc etc.
My hat is off to these guys.
Called first thing this morning.
There response was great -
They asked if I had hay etc that needed attention.
Were at the farm by 10 AM with a loaner and picked up the tractor to haul it to the shop.
That in my mind is running a business that will keep folks coming back.
It is the New Holland dealer in Rosebud MO - Thanks

RGV

gendronf":20lvadal said:
rgv":20lvadal said:

Take your other tractor or rent your's neighbor tractor.

The other tractor won't do the job and the neighbor has a bunch down

Latest posts