GMO-- Just to clear this issue up and so we know.

Help Support CattleToday:

LCCattle

Reaction score

On one of the topics here we had a discussion about GMO and it's meaning. I stated that All living organisms are a GMO, including you and I. At the time I could not remember the correct word to describe what some of you were describing as GMO. So I search another board where we last discussed it over there and found it.

The word is:"transgenic.
Biology
adjective: transgenic
1. of, relating to, or denoting an organism that contains genetic material into which DNA from an unrelated organism has been artificially introduced.

Where as Genetically modified organisms (GMOs) can be defined as organisms (i.e. plants, animals or microorganisms) in which the genetic material (DNA) has been altered in a way that does not occur naturally by mating and/or natural recombination.
So I was incorrect in saying you and I are genetically engineered. Unless our mother went to a sperm bank.
But I was correct in saying artificial insemination, embryo transplant ( maybe ) and gene selection is GMO engineering.

When I listed to all the anti GMO activists, they describe "transgenic engineering, not Genetic engineering. And that just goes to show you how much they know about what they are against.
So is a calf produced from cross breeding a product of GMO or transgenic??

So I search another board where we last discussed it over there and found it...............So is a calf produced from cross breeding a product of GMO or transgenic??
Why didn't ya ask over at this anonymous 'other board' since they seem to have all the answers?

greybeard":2w1pwl4v said:
So I search another board where we last discussed it over there and found it...............So is a calf produced from cross breeding a product of GMO or transgenic??
Why didn't ya ask over at this anonymous 'other board' since they seem to have all the answers?
:lol: :lol: Now this is funny!

LCCattle":1ovotcu3 said:
GMO-- Just to clear this issue up...
transgenic; is an organism that contains artificially introduced DNA from an unrelated organism

GMO is an organism in which the DNA has been altered in a way that does not occur naturally

I was correct in saying artificial insemination is GMO engineering.
NO YOU WERE NOT, because no DNA is altered in any way shape or form by artificial insemination
that does not occur naturally.

So is a calf produced from cross breeding a product of GMO or transgenic?
NEITHER
It's a product of it's mother and father and just a plain old crossbred calf.

WRONG AGAIN LCC .... BUT, THANKS FOR PLAYING
LOOK FOR SOME LOVELY PARTING GIFTS TO BE COMING YOUR WAY
AND
DON"T LET THE DOOR HIT YA WHERE THE GOOD LORD SPLIT YA ON YOUR WAY OUT

LLC... Can I ask you a simple question? What is your agenda posting all this nonsense on a forum full of cattle producers? Rarely would I even give someone like you the time it would take to read one of your idiotic rants... But I have to ask?? I make my living producing beef... I probably have more cattle then someone like you has even been around in their entire life, yet you are trying to come to "Cattle Producers" forum and educate me on unsubstantiated propaganda crap?? PLEASE... give us a little more credit than that! I make it my livelihood to produce the safest, best quality beef cattle that is not only a great benefit to the consumer, but I have implemented standard procedures in my program to ensure that my animals are cared for in the best possible manor. So please stop it with the childish posts!

This is how I understand GMOs and there is nothing natural about them... The two most common types of genetically modified crops on the market are Bt crops and Roundup Ready crops. Bt, or bacillus thuringiensis, is a type of soil-dwelling bacteria that produces a protein toxic to many insects.

On the other hand my black baldy cows are simply a cross bred cow...

If people want to eat products soaked in round up ( glyphosate) and plants designed to make bugs explode and consider it natural Welllll its a free country.

Duramaxgirl":2jdo5a2s said:
If people want to eat products soaked in round up ( glyphosate) and plants designed to make bugs explode and consider it natural Welllll its a free country.
:) good one Duramaxgirl ... but
LCC goes around facebook and other forums telling them your Black Baldies are soaked in glyphosate because they are crossbreds and to beware or your children will explode if they eat one.

LCCattle":2hzjj33n said:
GMO-- Just to clear this issue up

Is a calf produced from cross breeding a product of GMO or transgenic??
MY APOLOGIES
I just realized he is running a BUFFALO BULL over a herd of WALRUS COWS.
Yes, in that case the resulting crossbred calf is definitely a GMO.

LCCattle":1gmg79jj said:
GMO-- Just to clear this issue up

Is a calf produced from cross breeding a product of GMO or transgenic??
MY APOLOGIES
I just realized he is running a BUFFALO BULL over a herd of WALRUS COWS.
Yes, in that case the resulting crossbred calf is definitely a GMO.

Junk like this ought to be deleted and the poster blocked. It defaces the site and wastes time.

The only thing this type of behavior demonstrates is that some armchair scientists and troublemakers would be the ideal poster child for the birth control movement.

Hay gypsy we call em.
He was set up Wednesday at lampasas cattle auction parking lot. Non gmo , organic Oklahoma alfalfa. .23_.28 per pound. :roll:
I guess everyone was stocked up cause in the 5 hours I was there I couldn't tell he sold anything.
I started to suggest he drive to Austin and set in a tsc parking lot

LCCattle":1ldml847 said:

On one of the topics here we had a discussion about GMO and it's meaning. I stated that All living organisms are a GMO, including you and I. At the time I could not remember the correct word to describe what some of you were describing as GMO. So I search another board where we last discussed it over there and found it.

The word is:"transgenic.
Biology
adjective: transgenic
1. of, relating to, or denoting an organism that contains genetic material into which DNA from an unrelated organism has been artificially introduced.

Where as Genetically modified organisms (GMOs) can be defined as organisms (i.e. plants, animals or microorganisms) in which the genetic material (DNA) has been altered in a way that does not occur naturally by mating and/or natural recombination.
So I was incorrect in saying you and I are genetically engineered. Unless our mother went to a sperm bank.
But I was correct in saying artificial insemination, embryo transplant ( maybe ) and gene selection is GMO engineering.

When I listed to all the anti GMO activists, they describe "transgenic engineering, not Genetic engineering. And that just goes to show you how much they know about what they are against.
So is a calf produced from cross breeding a product of GMO or transgenic??

This and all your other posts about genetic engineering show how little you know. Its not "transgenic engineering", it is genetic engineering. Transgenic organisms are the product of genetic engineering. You struggle so hard to make people think you are correct even when it's obvious how little you know. You need to get the simple facts straight before you can make any kind of an intellectual argument.

Duramaxgirl":u3lem8wt said:

Soaked in? Exaggerate much.