Global Trade

Help Support CattleToday:

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Ever Wonder How China makes Stuff Cheaper than Us (Canada and the US)?

chinaman.jpg

The Construction Site Hard Hat

ATT000072.jpg

The Dust and Particle Free Breathing Apparatus

ATT000103.jpg

OSHA Approved Scaffolding

ATT000134.jpg

And my all-time favorite....

The 'New' Lightweight Welders Mask

youhungry0055.jpg

you hungry?- rumor has it that USDA/FDA have given import approval for this fella to negotiate a contract with US Soup companies..... ;-) :lol: :(

My mom went to China last year and she said.... Well I'd better stop cause it will get the thread locked. :???:

The "PC" in me is telling me to shut my mouth as well Jo . 8)

Why on earth did your mom go to China..??? Japan , Vietnam, Singapore ,Malaysia ,Indonesia ,all beautiful places that one could go .I know as have been to all of them. :D

But China :?

You remember when American workers had enough common sense to work in conditions like that and not get themselves or others hurt or killed? Maybe that's why WE can make things so expensive........

Jim62":s8ieheyk said:
You remember when American workers had enough common sense to work in conditions like that and not get themselves or others hurt or killed? Maybe that's why WE can make things so expensive........

Most were forced to work under those conditions if they wanted to feed their families, and many WERE hurt or killed. Ahh, but what's a few lives compared to making things cheaper, huh?

Most were forced to work under those conditions if they wanted to feed their families, and many WERE hurt or killed. Ahh, but what's a few lives compared to making things cheaper, huh?

Maybe you missed the common sense part pal!

Those Country's don't follow our rules enjoy your Walmart Beef Bud. I challange you to find twenty items in Walmart made in America!
If you don't find that a problem I am sure you can find a good deal on a one way ticket to Asia.
That is the same way it was before Japan attacked us in Pearl Harbor. Why Can't we learn from history.

I prefer what I produce in the field and garden. I also am willing to pay more for American made. I spent three weeks looking for American made xmas lights when I could not find any,we burned candles instead...

hillsdown":3kcq6ku8 said:
Why on earth did your mom go to China..??? Japan , Vietnam, Singapore ,Malaysia ,Indonesia ,all beautiful places that one could go .I know as have been to all of them. :D

A couple of years ago China had some extraodinary deals available for tourists. $3500 is all she paid for plane fare and lodging for two weeks. She loves a deal and couldn't pass it up. She said she almost froze to death there but it was really interesting. She said the contrast between the richer and poorer was extreme. The income level of the average person is what was so troubling to me as they work for very little by our standards. I guess what bothers me about this is that they expect us to compete with these low wages in the Global Trade deal. I believe in equilibrium in nature and the economy. Applying the law of equilibrium to this new deal only can lead to one outcome for the western countries and I don't like what I foresee but that's just me. (Hey they rhymed! :banana: Being it rhymed maybe I won't get the thread locked. :lol2: )

Jogeephus":9lowp2wq said:
hillsdown":9lowp2wq said:

A couple of years ago China had some extraodinary deals available for tourists. $3500 is all she paid for plane fare and lodging for two weeks. She loves a deal and couldn't pass it up. She said she almost froze to death there but it was really interesting. She said the contrast between the richer and poorer was extreme. The income level of the average person is what was so troubling to me as they work for very little by our standards. I guess what bothers me about this is that they expect us to compete with these low wages in the Global Trade deal. I believe in equilibrium in nature and the economy. Applying the law of equilibrium to this new deal only can lead to one outcome for the western countries and I don't like what I foresee but that's just me. (Hey they rhymed! :banana: Being it rhymed maybe I won't get the thread locked. :lol2: )

Comrade Jo, Greetings.
My cousin and her husband are spending a year in China for his company. They are 62 yrs old.
My uncle (by marriage) went to China a few months ago. He is 92. His youngest son went along to keep him out of trouble. The lure of China is powerful.
China bothers me on fair trade issues. We need to stop them pegging their Yuan to the dollar.
Several other things, but I'm no expert. We don't need to give them advantages.
We don't really want billions of Chinese to go backward economically. If they ever get hungry again...
Labor in the USA is no longer viewed as an opportunity. It is an indignity. I could go on. Mexicans will come and labor, because they see opportunity. My locals only see that they aren't getting $25/hr for scratching.
If rhyming stops locks:

There was a young woman from Wheeling
She had such a powerful feeling
da duh da etc

You can't use a screw driver in my company without having eye protection. I think that is all about liability and lawsuits.

Walt

Txwalt":37mc1k15 said:
You can't use a screw driver in my company without having eye protection. I think that is all about liability and lawsuits.

Walt

Exactly.....
our politicians and lawyers and courts and rediculous awards.
Not to mention every one thinking that they are the most valuable commodity on earth.
All of the above have driven production off shore. I rmember as a kid when stuff first started showing up from Japan and Tiwan. everyone marveled at how could they make it over there and ship it to america cheaper than it could be made here. but we continued to drive up american prices and drive more production off shore. then the nation decided what the heck....we can borrow money to buy all that stuff. No down payment ....not a problem just sign here....all you got to do is pay the interest.

wonder how we got behind the eight ball !!!!

Yes they are. And most of them born to unwed mothers ( there's a term for people like that but it escapes me now ... I think it's something like bast ..., oh well, you get my drift)