Glenn Campbell

Help Support CattleToday:

My favorite things he did were the Smothers Brothers, his own show, and a Christmas album he put out way back when.
And he could tear up a guitar more than most people knew.
I'm hoping good for him.
I've always thought of him as a classy guy.

He has already announced his farewell tour. His first stop is here, in our new fine arts center, got the hand bill in the mailbox yesterday.

cmf1":nsr4lwdx said:
My favorite things he did were the Smothers Brothers, his own show, and a Christmas album he put out way back when.
I'm hoping good for him.

I did too, until he ran off with Mac Davis's wife!

jw":2tz4qo1h said:
cmf1":2tz4qo1h said:
I'm hoping good for him.

I did too, until he ran off with Mac Davis's wife!
i never thought of him as classy guy either..or waylon, or johnny or george ..........especially george :cowboy: but i like their music..if i labled any country artist as classy, George strait is the first one comes to mind.. theres others to

ALACOWMAN":3f0q1skj said:
has been diagnosed,,, is in the early stages of alzheimers....

That is one horribile disease, rough on the family to watch a loved one slowly disappear and still sitting there.
If I am ever diagnosed with it I am going to write myself a note to properly apply a 45ACP before I leave the doctors office. No way I would put my wife and kids through that horror. I am still haunted by the effects of that disease.
Average alzheimers patients live seven years completely draining family resources and emotions. Dad's care was costing over 3,000 a month in 99 no telling what it is today, he had no idea who or where he was the last three years.

id have to say your right,, and its probably best to get it done while you still can remember... good folks around from me are going through it now .. this lady as proper as they come, would become violent with her daughter and son inlaw, huasband sleeping with one eye open.. has got to take its toll

Never knew he ran off with anybody's wife.
I guess Hollywood types are just that,... typical.
Anyway, thanks for shattering my illusion. :lol: :lol:

by chrisy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:53 pm

how sad I like his music.

Chrisy, you can still listen to his music.

I saw an interview once a long time ago with Tanya Tucker and I am quite sure she said he was the one that got her hooked on cocaine when she was really young so if true I couldnt say he was a stand up guy. I never really had much respect for him after that however he could play a guitar.

Circle H Ranch

Cattleman I know I can still listen to his music, what I meant was there will be no more new stuff, from him.
When you think of things is there any one in Hollywood in the acting and music depts: that you can look up to and think Ah! what clean cut kinda guy. Their all at something or another, drugs, womanizing, gay, etc. So he is no different to any of the others. Lets hope he doesn't have to suffer to long before the Good Lord takes him.

I hate to hear about that, too, even though he wasn't exactly a stand up guy for the past thirty years or so... Man, I do love his music, though.

Alzheimer's is bad news. My dad has it.

Lammie":yflb1ph6 said:
I hate to hear about that, too, even though he wasn't exactly a stand up guy for the past thirty years or so... Man, I do love his music, though.

Alzheimer's is bad news. My dad has it.
one of my uncles had a band for years and played in several honky tonks, it aint like Church.. :cowboy:

I bet it isn't! It's probably the sort of occupation that it's easy to pick up bad habits, for sure.

Lammie":1wd5g4gg said:
I bet it isn't! It's probably the sort of occupation that it's easy to pick up bad habits, for sure.
The one's I use to frequent you could "pick up" almost anything if you weren't careful.

john250":xfbel3xx said:
TexasBred":xfbel3xx said:
Lammie":xfbel3xx said:
The one's I use to frequent you could "pick up" almost anything if you weren't careful.
Which brings us back to Glen's problem.

Glen who?

Latest posts