Getting There

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Hubby has been working on the house. Got up the 2" foam board in the pony wall. Put up some 1/4" foam board on the cement walls. Helped with that and we didn't argue too much. :lol2: ;-)
He has been putting up the 2"x4" wall frame. Has gotten 2 rooms almost completely done. The rec room has only 1 window and the top of the double doors left to be framed.
Didn't think we would have gotten this far this soon. Had figured we would be getting this done next fall.

rec room
IMG_5867.jpg

storage room
IMG_5869.jpg

bedrooms
IMG_5870.jpg

Now I took these pictures before he got more of the frame out done.
Got a price on the kitchen cabinets. Just looking right now.
Also priced out some electrical radiant heat pads for the basement bath room and the master bath. This latest price was $400 less then the last one and a much better product.

When did your husband's "man cave" become a recreation area? Oh ... OK ... now I get it. You've been talking to my wife. You wimmen are a sneaky bunch aren'tcha?

I call his "man cave" the rec room. :D
He can hardly wait. He wants to put up particle board and stain it. Talked him into looking at some different materials instead. Like tongue and groove or bead board.
Almost have him convinced to put up some sheet rock on part of one wall so we can have a mural painted on it. Next problem there....... which old car?? :lol2:
I think either his '24 Model T truck, '34 Ford truck or the '57 Chevy Bel Aire.

The blue foam board has a plastic film on the side that is against the cement. We also taped it.
Found a fiberglass insulation that has a plastic barrier on it and we are planning to use it between the 2x4's.

Ryder":2w8gorxt said:
What car? That's a no brainer. '57 Cheverolet.

Not to be critical, but your storage room is too small. You can make it a lot bigger and it will still be too small.
Storage rooms are meant to be small I think. I've plumbed 10,000 sq. ft. houses where the furnace man, plumber, and electrictian get about 12 sq. ft. for all of their stuff. Then the owners complain cuz' we used all their storage space. :D gs

I luv herfrds":3k66o3wc said:
He can hardly wait. He wants to put up particle board and stain it. Talked him into looking at some different materials instead. Like tongue and groove or bead board.
Almost have him convinced to put up some sheet rock on part of one wall so we can have a mural painted on it. Next problem there....... which old car?? :lol2:

The blue foam board has a plastic film on the side that is against the cement. We also taped it.
Found a fiberglass insulation that has a plastic barrier on it and we are planning to use it between the 2x4's.
Yeah, I don't think I'd go with particle board. I think its odor would be hard to cover up in a home interior. IMO a good grade of 1/4 inch plywood would be better option with a similar effect.

Ryder that is the second storage room. It is going to have a deep sink and shelves for all my canning supplies and jars. It is bigger then what I have now.

The other storage area has the furnance, will have the water heater and shelves for storage.
There is also a small storage area under the stairs.

1982vett":1wyvzuth said:
I luv herfrds":1wyvzuth said:

Yeah, I don't think I'd go with particle board. I think its odor would be hard to cover up in a home interior. IMO a good grade of 1/4 inch plywood would be better option with a similar effect.
actually a buddy of mine finished the inside of his apartment in his barn with the wafer board and then put a heavy polyurethane clear coat on it and it worked really well

I luv herfrds":1fiixj7s said:
Ryder that is the second storage room. It is going to have a deep sink and shelves for all my canning supplies and jars. It is bigger then what I have now.

The other storage area has the furnance, will have the water heater and shelves for storage.
There is also a small storage area under the stairs.
Obvious you have put a lot of thought and planning into this. I know you have done your best. But storage areas are like closets with unused coathanger in them They multiply when you are not looking.
:nod: (Got to pick at you a litte bit.)

Speaking of canning, as a little boy I picked up certain attitudes from my grandparents. One attitude from my grandmother was that money was ok if you had it. But those jars of canned food was true wealth.
I sort of have a hunch that you and Ma would have shared some things in common.

Ryder you are too funny. :lol2: ;-)

Just a bit over half done. :banana:

You should see what I am designing now for the TV/craft room. A set up for a Murphy bed and a craft table with shelves to store my card making stuff.
Just in case you have never seen one, I did, a Murphy bed is stored in a cabinet and drops down.
Pretty cool.

I luv herfrds":5nzo0o8e said:

You should see what I am designing now for the TV/craft room. A set up for a Murphy bed and a craft table with shelves to store my card making stuff.
Just in case you have never seen one, I did, a Murphy bed is stored in a cabinet and drops down.
Pretty cool.
neighbors built one in their house in the living room it is pretty cool
I could get ya some pics if you want

Over half way done with the basement fir out. Guessing only about 1/4 of it left.
Hubby is digging out the drifts around a couple of hay stacks so the house is on hold til tonight.

I drew up a plan for the kitchen and the Murphy bed and shelves in the extra room. Hubby really liked it.
Going to wait on the kitchen fir out til we talk to the guy who is working with us on it.

I luv herfrds":3jlgr90x said:

Pretty cool.
Thanks for explaining the Murphy bed thing. I had no idea. :dunce:

Basement fir out is done. :banana: :banana:

It is 6 degrees above zero so doing the kitchen fir out will not be started til it gets warmer.
No heat up there.

Here it is.

Son's room
IMG_5883.jpg

Daughters room
IMG_5884.jpg

Bathroom
IMG_5885.jpg

Second storage room and furnance
IMG_5886.jpg

TV/craft room
IMG_5887.jpg

Hubby's birthday gift has helped
IMG_5889.jpg

Pile got smaller
IMG_5891.jpg

South window.
IMG_5893.jpg

I luv herfrds":257trmz9 said:
Over half way done with the basement fir out. Guessing only about 1/4 of it left.
Hubby is digging out the drifts around a couple of hay stacks so the house is on hold til tonight.

I drew up a plan for the kitchen and the Murphy bed and shelves in the extra room. Hubby really liked it.
Going to wait on the kitchen fir out til we talk to the guy who is working with us on it.

Not to be nosy-but hw much do you think you will have in the house when its done, or now?

Guessing right now we are in it for around $135k.
Not really sure where we will be at the end yet, but guessing around $180-$190k.