Getting spruced up....

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I think pops was getting the boy spruced up for first his first date. Maybe giving him a tip or two :D

IMG_1809.jpg

Jogeephus":1ucmcuq8 said:
I think pops was getting the boy spruced up for first his first date. Maybe giving him a tip or two :D

I like big red.

Nowland Farms":a0r9d1fg said:
Joo,

By the looks of them all snuggled up, they wouldn't be from BrokeBack Mountain would they? :oops: :oops: :oops:

I sure hope not! That would .. well that just wouldn't work. Speaking of gay bulls. When I first went to herefords I told my wife I thought they were all funny cause they didn't breed anything. Just went to eating. Reason I changed up, I had a vet palpate my herd and after about 20 head they said none were bred and my bulls were sterile. :shock: I freaked. Loaded up the bulls - which were pretty high dollar registered angus - and carried them to the sale and told them they were canners. Went to hereford, and about 5 months later I had the prettiest set of black calves you ever saw - 95% calving rate to boot. :shock:

This of course brings up a question. What do you call the person in the graduating vet class with the lowest grades?

Doctor. :lol:

Are you serious?
I think you posted something about this before, but how PO"D were you and what did you do to that vet?????I think the hubby would have to hold me back because there would be some serious @ss kicking.......

BTW nice looking bulls they actually look like bulls not steers with b@lls.

hillsdown":3go2leil said:
Are you serious?
I think you posted something about this before, but how PO"D were you and what did you do to that vet?????I think the hubby would have to hold me back because there would be some serious @ss kicking.......

BTW nice looking bulls they actually look like bulls not steers with b@lls.

I didn't say a word. Those black calves by the road did the talking for me. It is frustrating not having a good large animal vet. I recently had a problem with a heifer and I carried a stool sample to them. They didn't ask me anything other than what type animal the stool came out of then came back and told me it didn't have worms. :shock: I don't have wings either but I don't need to pay somebody to tell me that. :roll: Quite frankly, I get more good health advice from members of this board than I can from poodlemeister. I just wish you guys could write me scripts but I think I got that worked out now. ;-)

L Weir":374ohu48 said:
They both look good and muscular. How did you keep them in good condition during your drought?

I didn't do anything. They are easy fleshing as well. I try my best to find animals that don't need suppliments.

Beefy Wrote
if you were that miffed imagine how the angus bull felt..

Yeah, they were probably wondering what they had done wrong. One of them was really nice. Maybe somebody tested them but I did tell them they were infertile at the barn - I guess I lied.

Jog.....are you saying those cattle were 4 months bred and the vet called them all open? That's a total disgrace to the profession. I'd at least ask for my money back and make sure all the neighbors knew too. Glad you got some good calves anyway. Even he couldn't fool those cows. :banana: