Getting Rid Of Fleas

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl_telly_369

Reaction score
There used to be cats in the house...now they aren't there, but there are TONS of fleas...the house was bombed twice within 1 week...still fleas. I had a bad encounter with them today. Any suggestions?

bomb it again - second bombing was probably too soon - you are getting the "hatchlings". DE powder sprinkled around is an alternative choice.

Might want to do the perimeter of outside building too.

put some waxmyrtle branches everywhere. get the cat some advantage and throw her back in for a few days.

Beefy-The cats are already out of the house...Someone wanted one, we gave that one away, the other 3 were turned outside and they are somewhere in the field.

a cake pan with 1/2 inch of water and 1 or 2 drops of liquid soap. put a light above it about 12-18 at night. you'll be surprized how many you catch. keep it going 14 days after you see the last one.

Crowderfarms":20nrl5d0 said:
Borax em'.

Have to agree with this one. We had a major flea problem years ago. Infested the carpet. Sprinkled borax and later vacuumed. Flea problem gone. Be sure to empty the vacuum bag after vacuuming.

Chris

dj":h56aq4su said:
a cake pan with 1/2 inch of water and 1 or 2 drops of liquid soap. put a light above it about 12-18 at night. you'll be surprized how many you catch. keep it going 14 days after you see the last one.

That does work well, but spraying with Permethrine + Precor works faster!

peg4x4":1xajsc5j said:
Put a flea collor in the vacum bag

I don't know if you meant that to be funny or not...but the visual is hilarious. :lol2:

Alice

:oops: Didn't mean to be---but you're right :D however,it kills the fleas in the bag,so they can't reinfest...

Cable guy was here today running the cable into our new house. I told him he'd be safe under the house...we had it exterminated for fleas. He said, "Fire ants will kill them...get some fire ants." I told him to look around...and be careful not to get into any of them under the house.

Alice

Latest posts