Getting Married

Help Support CattleToday:

rowdyred

Reaction score
Just thought I'd let everybody know I'm getting married, been single for 8 years, was getting pretty used to it, got blindsided by a younger woman, she says she loves me, I love her too. Its probable to soon to get engaged (been dating 7 months), but I'm ready.

So long as you have common interests and goals, age and time are irrelevant.
Congratulations to both of you!!

rowdyred":fzg8kf0g said:
Just thought I'd let everybody know I'm getting married, been single for 8 years, was getting pretty used to it, got blindsided by a younger woman, she says she loves me, I love her too. Its probable to soon to get engaged (been dating 7 months), but I'm ready.

Congratulations. I recently heard a guy refer to the ten years that he was single as living "kinda like a bear with furniture." Best of luck to you.

You were single for 8 years...not like you're jumping from the frying pan into the fire. You both are old enough to know what you want, and how you feel. :D

Congratulations and best wishes on a long and happy life together!

Alice

rowdyred":104xlujf said:

The way you say that sounds like you have some reservations? How young is your fiancee'?

GMN

Congratulations. I recently heard a guy refer to the ten years that he was single as living "kinda like a bear with furniture." Best of luck to you.

I recently heard a guy that had been married for twenty years say, " It seems like its only been twenty minutes......Under water."

Me and my wife have been happily married for 2 years.

And, that ain't too bad out of forty years of marriage..........

I only knew my second Husband for 6 month when we talked about getting married, and after a year, for want of a better word courting, we married and have been now for 24 years. there is 9 years between us, I'm the younger one, age is only a number after all, I feel once after 20 a few years differance makes no differance. Congratuations and Good Luck for a long and happy time together.

GMN":uohv42ft said:
rowdyred":uohv42ft said:

The way you say that sounds like you have some reservations? How young is your fiancee'?

GMN
I'm 45, she is 32 and a nurse

rowdyred":2c2x6bwr said:
GMN":2c2x6bwr said:
rowdyred":2c2x6bwr said:

GMN
I'm 45, she is 32 and a nurse
I would think "can she cook" is a lot more important consideration than the age differences.