Getting forgetfull

Help Support CattleToday:

Susie David

Reaction score
Guess I'm getting forgetfull in my modern maturity...went out for morning feeding this morning and didn't hear the usual demands from the cattle. When I got to the barn there was a bunch standing in the pen just loafing, cudding and doing contented cow stuff...oh, the possibilities that ran through what's left of my mind. Upon opening the door I was greeted by Sox the market steer that we held back from the Sept. processing (his number is up on Sat) and Missy the herf heifer who's wider than she is tall, thank goodness that her hooks and pins are widening along with the rest of her, was getting worried for awhile.
Anyway it was quite evident why there was no interest in breakfast...from the look of the stacks they won't be hungry for a couple of days...spent the early part of the day forking out the used hay and squaring away the barn...even pulled a calf rope off the shelf and had it strung out the door along with a few straw bales, a jacket and feed sacks.
Intend to make myself a sign for the door "Check all gates, doors and latches...again!" Guess the saying is more real than I thought...."what I miss most is my mind" not that I have all that much to think about these days. Enough rambling...y'all have a good day. Dave Mc

Ever looked at your watch, then put it down and still not know what time it is. So you look again and put it down and still not know what time it is. So you look a third time put it down. Then someone walks up to you and ask "what time is it?" and your responce is " I don't know."

Scotty

My favorite is when I start to town on Saturday or Sunday and wind up at work (and that's a 50 mile drive!). Thank God I can't remember those other things that went before my mind did. I'd probably regret losing them.

Lee

Cell phones are a Godsend.....seems like I always have to call back and ask Susie what she sent me to the store for in the first place....emabrassing when she says the list is in your pocket! DMc

Don't feel bad.....

I'll get up to go do something and forget what it was I was going to do, and I'll have to stand there for a few mintues before it will come to me.....sometimes it doesn't. And I can't shop unless I have a list. :roll: :D

I have that CRC disease. :lol:

Well, Dave, don't feel like you're all alone. I forgot to shut the shop door, turn off the water in the bucket calf's tub, and a couple of other things (that I have since forgotten) last night. :oops: That old saying about 'of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most' is something I can certainly relate to!

Just_a_girl wrote:
And I can't shop unless I have a list

It doesn't matter if I write out a list-I still go off and leave it at home. I forget everything else too, left the water running at one of the water troughs twice last month. Man did the water bill go up. I'm always running through the house looking for my keys or the cell phone-I'll run in to do something, have something in my hand and then when I need it I can't remember where I laid it down.

Ryder":2d8mokvd said:
I have to laugh at myself when I hunt all over for my glasses, and then find them when I look in the mirror.

:lol2: :lol2: Yep, I've done that!

Me too. I panicked one day because I thought I has lost them and finally reached up and felt them on my face. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's done that.

I'm blind enough that I know if I'm wearing them or not, but I'm notorious for pushing them up on top of my head and then forgetting and hunting all over creation trying to find them. :oops:

I keep on putting them down and leaving...stores, barn, shop, wherever. My most embarassing habit is to pay for what I went in to get and walk out of the place with the purchase still on the counter...get so darn distracted talking with the clerks...another "thank God for cell phones".

Latest posts