Get Your Forms Submitted

Help Support CattleToday:

[youtube][/youtube]
been waiting but guess it's time to get me a couple. I want a silencer for small cal and another for larger cal. That's about $1500 down the drain.

kenny,

I'm build my own 308 for less than $200, not counting the tax stamp. It is based on the maglite system, but using a pipe tube without the switch to cover up. The only suppressor I plan to buy is one for 22lr and even then that one will be $200 less the tax stamp. Only reason I'm buying the 22lr is because you want to be able to take a rimfire suppressor apart for cleaning.

SD Tactical is the place I ordered my parts from and I'm buying the baffles formed from a guy on the SDT forum. All you need to do is drill the baffles and end cap and cut the spacer pipe to length depending how you assemble your suppressor. You CANNOT drill the baffles until you get the tax stamp though as that part constitutes making a suppressor.

Yea. You make up your own all numerical serial number and have it engraved or etched into the tube though. For example, my serial number is "001" and my model is "0".

Latest information I have gotten is that the ATF is saying they will retain photographs and fingerprints of trustees for 2 years and use those as long as the list of trustees on the trust has not changed.

MudHog":11j5ne93 said:
Latest information I have gotten is that the ATF is saying they will retain photographs and fingerprints of trustees for 2 years and use those as long as the list of trustees on the trust has not changed.

Interesting. My personal info is the only personal info listed in mine. There are other trustees, but just minimally named.

Not all trusts are created equal due to State requirements, but mine is the same. My trustees are only named in the trust with no personal information like their address. However, all trusts are treated the same by the ATF. The term the ATF uses in their ruling is "responsible parties" which is defined by them as any person whom will be in legal possession of the NFA item. In the case of trusts, responsible parties are trustees. Fingerprinting and photographs are not required for the beneficiary, only trustees or responsible parties.

So in your case gimpy, in 6 months you will have to provide photographs AND fingerprints for EACH trustee when you fill out your Form 1 or Form 4. The ATF will keep the fingerprints and photographs on file for 2 years as long as the list of trustees do not change.

Latest posts