Get Ready La.

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Nasty front passing through East Texas right now high winds and some mean rain. Tempertature has fell 20 degrees in the last thirty minutes. I have given up on emptying the rai gauge jeez what a wet winter this year.

I'll take some of that rain off your hands, the inch we got today is the most we've had at one time since Sep. or Oct. It sure is cold and nasty though, they're talking snow tonight.

Looks like we are in for snow and freezing rain tonight. Hope it warms up an not too bad.

37 with wind NW at 16. I has stopped raining and the wind had lessened but my weatherbug shows it is picking back up.

Says the low should be 34 and the rain icon has changed to snow. Unlikely but it has been raining with high winds.

36 degrees and pouring. High tomorrow 33, low 25 with snow. There were blooms on plums and early peaches...March 15th used to be our last freeze. Stay warm and safe my neighbors.

At 4 30 when I got up it was 36 light drizzle they are predicting mid 20's tonight, there went the nectarines, plums and peaches. Thats two years running they have bloomed out and gotten bit. Mornings like this make one appreciate the cab tractor.

Well I am sure I am not buying this global warming theory snowed on Easter last year and its snowing now.
This is total BS it is not sticking thank goodness. We used to get snow in late Dec through Jan and not every year. Last couple years its been March and April.

The folks south of us that got hammered when the snow missed us the last time are getting hammered again. Almost another foot in some places.

Well I said

1982vett":2yvoqasq said:
37 with wind NW at 16. I has stopped raining and the wind had lessened but my weatherbug shows it is picking back up.

Says the low should be 34 and the rain icon has changed to snow. Unlikely but it has been raining with high winds.

Woke up this morning to this. It is about gone already, but once in a blue moon it happens.

it was 36 when i got up.an it was snowing.an now the ground is pretty much covered an it looks cold.goodthing hay was put out before all this hitt.but it was raining most of the evening yesterday.

It is coming down sideways out of the north, here.
Weather Liar estimates range from 4 inches to a foot.
I am so over winter. Surely this is the last gasp. I know the cows are ready for spring.

We had about 3 inches snow friday morning at the house and 15 miles away (north) was nothing......

CB the almanac said this would be the 2nd year w/o fruit and we normally have potatoes in the ground march 17 but the moon isn't right this year so they won't go in until the 27th to 30th of March. At least I've learned my lesson that even if we have 2 weeks of 75-80 degree weather in march, I will NOT put out tomatoes. I did that last year and had to replace them all but 3 so no matter how bad I get garden fever, I'm not doing it.

I think its been colder this past week than it was even last month or at least my bones have felt colder.

Dad used to always say "thunder in february, frost in may" and if its too late to frost then it will be a cold snap.... BIL calls it "blackberry winter" as its a cold snap about the time blackberries are in bloom. Well, it thundered quite a bit the last weekend in February so I guess we'll get a cold snap around memorial day.

MoGal":1mbn79jz said:
We had about 3 inches snow friday morning at the house and 15 miles away (north) was nothing......

Talked to a guy south of Salem, says 7 1/2 inches on one end of the farm and an inch at the other. That's a span of about 3/4 of a mile.

The worm sure has turned here. A few months ago we were walking on Rice Crispy pastures, now I'm sloshing in Oatmeal. Its almost discouraging but I'll take this water over the drought any day. We got 2 inches out of the last rain and another 6 or so out of the one before. Pastures sure are coming on. :D (Bluestem, looks like I'll have the plums this year. Last year all the fruit aborted during set due to drought)

Mogal Wrote:

Dad used to always say "thunder in february, frost in may" and if its too late to frost then it will be a cold snap....

In this part of Texas the saying is frost in april. I was wondering how that would work in other parts of the country where snow and ice were common in June. We had thunder the 12th, 15th, and 25th. The guess last marks the beginning of the "Easter cold spell".

Latest posts