Get Off My Head!

Help Support CattleToday:

creekdrive

Reaction score
Snapped this series of pictures the other day - thought they were good for a chuckle. :)

IMG_1372sm_zpsrkkkktce.jpg

IMG_1373sm_zpsj1pyovbg.jpg

IMG_1374sm_zpsdhgcquxm.jpg

IMG_1375sm_zpsobfxt3o4.jpg

around here we have nearly-pet ravens, and the young calves LOVE to chase them as they're looking for placenta leftovers

Also pretty funny is when the hummingbirds have to check out the red ear tags!

Nesikep":lsrlf8u9 said:
around here we have nearly-pet ravens, and the young calves LOVE to chase them as they're looking for placenta leftovers

:shock: your calves must hit the ground running if their chasing ravens eating the placenta :shock:

:lol:

Cute as can be! Beautiful calf! My calves like to chase cattle egrets! Always get a laugh watching them.
Great pictures! Enjoyed them.

ez14":13f09as6 said:
Nesikep":13f09as6 said:

:shock: your calves must hit the ground running if their chasing ravens eating the placenta :shock:

:lol:
45 day calving season.. they usually get curious about the ravens at 2 weeks old or so.. Some of the mommas REALLY don't like them black birds, but they've never given us any grief. Over the last month or so they've taken a liking to roosting in the rafters of the hay shed for the night.

Thanks - I thought it was cute. I missed getting the shot where he shook his head to get the bird to leave. and TCRanch I couldn't remember seeing a calf with a bird on its head before either. I see them perched on the cows/bulls often enough but not usually calves.

Latest posts