Georgia

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
I sure hope none of you Georgia people were affected by the storms over there.
Looks like there were some pretty bad ones.

Cal

We got hit pretty hard. Trees down everywhere. Some people learned that automobiles are not engineered to drive across a tree in the road. Right down the road from my house a girl learned this. Blew out both her front tires. Her father came to get her and he blew out his as well. We needed the rain though to put out the Arabia Bay fire. 16,000 acres already scorched. Loggers are already on site trying to salvage what they can before timber goes bad. The irony of it is that the mill that uses trees for biofuel is refusing to buy any of it. :???: So much for helping the environment.

It only rained 0.8" here. Strong wind gusts and a few blowdowns but not too bad. There was a tree blown down partway across the dirt road leading from my house to the highway with just enough room to squeeze between the tree top and the ditch with a vehicle if you didn't mind a few scratches. I had squeezed by twice already but on the third time around a very suspicious looking character that had no business being on that particular road had slid in the ditch there while attempting to squeeze by. I asked him where was he going and he said "looking for tin in the ditches". I pulled him out of the ditch and told him he wasn't going to find any tin down the road and he thanked me and backed out and turned around and headed back to town.

Jogeephus":3mqsm41y said:
We got hit pretty hard. Trees down everywhere. Some people learned that automobiles are not engineered to drive across a tree in the road. Right down the road from my house a girl learned this. Blew out both her front tires. Her father came to get her and he blew out his as well. We needed the rain though to put out the Arabia Bay fire. 16,000 acres already scorched. Loggers are already on site trying to salvage what they can before timber goes bad. The irony of it is that the mill that uses trees for biofuel is refusing to buy any of it. :???: So much for helping the environment.
Oh I'm sure they aren't that environment unfriendly...I'm sure they would take it off your hands for a fee if you brought it to them...or would that intererfear with the govermnent contracts, subsidies and regulations.

Well I had some time to check out some of the damages today. I thought I got off easy until I checked another farm and man do I have a mess. Looks like a tornado went through. Trees down everywhere. No power so no water for the cows.(thank God it rained) It made me sick to see the mess I have to clean up. And wouldn't you know last week I just cut and split and stacked a cord of pecan wood by the smoker and now I got all this to saw up. :mad: And at all times of the year at that. 50,000,000 things to do and now this. If there just wasn't so much money in cattle I'd be tempted to sell every last one of them and plant okra or something. :bang: Of course I'd have to find the rest of my cows first. Have no idea where these are. Did hear some mooing so they can't be too far. I'll worry about that tomorrow along with all the other crap that's been thrown on my plate this week. Thinking of the firewood has got me hoping that if an asteroid is heading for earth I do wish it would get here before tomorrow. :hide:

I've got more trees down than I thought. I estimate two weeks to clean up the mess and I'am allready tired. On the bright side, my cattle are enjoying all the fresh tree leaves.

kerley":39ghipm3 said:
I've got more trees down than I thought. I estimate two weeks to clean up the mess and I'am allready tired. On the bright side, my cattle are enjoying all the fresh tree leaves.
poured out 5 in. from my rain gauge yesterday evenin' big oak down in the bottom, thankfully dodged another bullett

ALACOWMAN":1l1lv1tk said:
kerley":1l1lv1tk said:
poured out 5 in. from my rain gauge yesterday evenin' big oak down in the bottom, thankfully dodged another bullett

You are lucky cause when I lived in Alabama it seemed like that was the battleground for weather systems. I saw some spooky $hit when I lived there regarding weather.

I got power on today. The EMC guys said it was a wind sheer and not a tornado. Sure could have fooled me. Half my western fence was down with trees all over it. Did find my cows and got them back in a pen. Hopefully will get the rest of the fences up tomorrow and if no one wants all the free firewood I'm just going to leave it to rot where its laying.

Jo you just ain't reading the signs right. All that blowed down firewood is the good Lords way of saying that you need to do more hunting and a smoking!

Its been fun. When I get it all sawed up I think I'm going to have a bonfire and get real loose and wobbly.

Latest posts