Gelbvieh in Germany

Help Support CattleToday:

Sadly I believe we have better looking Gelbvieh here. I would hate to see the EPD's on that big fella.

I translated what I could and it sounds like he has raised a polled gelb, which his father and grandfather couldn't do. And it is set to sell at auction, and he is keeping a semen interest in it. He also appears to have been on a reality show about finding a farmer a wife, but no mention of the outcome.

Supa Dexta":a07wda26 said:
I translated what I could and it sounds like he has raised a polled gelb, which his father and grandfather couldn't do. And it is set to sell at auction, and he is keeping a semen interest in it. He also appears to have been on a reality show about finding a farmer a wife, but no mention of the outcome.
I think he is the farmer and his wife is pictured. My German sucks so I could only garner a small part of what was written.

3way, I would say you are right. That is one big 2 year old.

This is how Google Translate translated the article:

As the cattle go crazy in the house! "Farmer Wants a Wife" -Kandidat Kurt Schneider (40) is now managed a very big COW!

The TV farmer has an extremely valuable Super-bred bulls - without horns. Top-criterion in cattle, as thus minimizing the risk of injury to other animals and humans. An animal sensation! For something it has never been on the farm of Kurt!

Enlarge Kurt Schmidt with Inka Bause
Kurt 2012 Inka Bause (46) in "Farmer Wants a Wife"

Photo: RTL
The farmer proudly told BILD: "This is far neither my father nor my grandfather succeeded. The animal has received an award from the Association of breeding bull. "

Name of the super-bull: Fritz. Value: 2,500 EUR. Age: Two years. Today Fritz will be auctioned at the cattle market in Dettelbach (Lower Franconia). And Kurt Bauer thinks of the future!

So the farmer does not go blank if the bull is first time under the hammer, he took precautions. Kurt: "I've set up a sperm reserve. Several portions to get my operation to continue. "

Congratulations to your friend Hoss! Although I am pretty sure you knew what would be posted about the bull from us, especially the GV breeders.

Looks to me like the bull has scurs. Is he polled, technically yes, but unless I have completely forgotten all I have learned about genetics he still carries the horned gene.

Sadly the Germans have been stagnant with their Gelbvieh breed, while North America after importing full bloods 40 years ago from Germany have taken off to have superior genetics world wide.

I would never use German GV genetics at this point.

Latest posts