gelbvieh and balancer cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

double v":1iflhboz said:
seedstock plus sale good selection of cows and heifers check out the catalog http://seedstockplus.com/sales.htm :D

Vince is too modest to point it out but Lots 50 and 53 are out of our Kingpin son and VERY nice heifers. There was a black also but she is going into my breeding program. My guess is the 3/4 heifer(50) is a dandy with the Rob Roy RA bull thrown in there for good measure.

I saw an old gelbvieh breeder after the auction, he had one bred heifer, man was she a dandy, she's going to a sale soon, I'd have loved to buy her, but I am scared to ask what the tag is on her

Nesikep":m1n3rfxs said:
I saw an old gelbvieh breeder after the auction, he had one bred heifer, man was she a dandy, she's going to a sale soon, I'd have loved to buy her, but I am scared to ask what the tag is on her

Buy once cry once. She might just be carrying your next herdsire.

She was bred angus unfortunately.. If she was bred GV, I'd be more inclined. It was too dark to take a picture of her unfortunately. The reason he kept her and bred her is that she had a bit a swollen navel last fall, and she'd have gotten docked for it, a year later she looks perfect again, so I think they did the right thing, except for breeding her to angus.

They sold well for yearling open heifers, i have no complaints. Cattle at the sale were outstanding and sold well.

double v":qpe0tjco said:
They sold well for yearling open heifers, i have no complaints. Cattle at the sale were outstanding and sold well.

I wish now that I would have had you sell the one you raised for me. :mrgreen:

Latest posts