Gate Locking Strategy

Help Support CattleToday:

GaryDG

Reaction score
I have PW gates. They have two rectangular rods connected to a handle that when moved lock the gate in place against the opposing gatepost.

What is typically used on the opposing gatepost to accept these rods so that the rods are / gate is secure against the opposing gatepost?

Thanks again!

GaryDG":34l2umcs said:
I have PW gates. They have two rectangular rods connected to a handle that when moved lock the gate in place against the opposing gatepost.

What is typically used on the opposing gatepost to accept these rods so that the rods are / gate is secure against the opposing gatepost?

Thanks again!
I do not use the rods on the gate I take a short chain and a snap hook and lock the gate. That way a cow is never smart enough to unlatch the snap hook. The hooks come in several sizes from small to large. Where the snap hooks together they are keyed to latch together.

don't be to sure about cattle not letting themselves out of a gate with a chaing and latch hook -- happened the other night --- scratching on the gate - one steer freed half the crew - so all the gates now have 2 chains just in case the first comes loose!

Latest posts