Gastroparesis

Help Support CattleToday:

Lucky

Reaction score
Has anyone on here had or have gastroparesis? Been having heck of a time last few years and this is the docs best guess. I passed the test were I ate the sandwich but of course I was well and on meds once I took it. Just wondering.

Has anyone on here had or have gastroparesis? Been having heck of a time last few years and this is the docs best guess. I passed the test were I ate the sandwich but of course I was well and on meds once I took it. Just wondering.
Yes it goes hand and hand with diabetes.
Wait till you have to eat the radioactive oatmeal.
Dr prescribed Domperidone have to get it out of Canada.

I ate the radioactive egg sandwich last year. Test was good. I was on Reglan but the dide effects where pretty bad do stopped for awhile now back in bad shape. Only flares up once or twice a year but is miserable and end up in the hospital

I ate the radioactive egg sandwich last year. Test was good. I was on Reglan but the dide effects where pretty bad do stopped for awhile now back in bad shape. Only flares up once or twice a year but is miserable and end up in the hospital
Raglan is bad stuff it can cross the blood brain barrier as well.
Domperidone is used the world over except the US. Used to get it compounded at a real pharmacy and I did .
It was easier to get it mail order versus driving 60 miles to a compounding pharmacy.

Had it bad after some nerves were damaged. Ended up having gastric bypass surgery. Lost weight that I really didn't have to spare, and look like I'm older than I am, but feel awesome.

Thanks for the replys. Back home for now and we'll see how it goes. We don't have a GI doc here so it's all guess work until we can get into one. It's really strange. Starts with me being nauseous for days or weeks then one day I eat and get terrible stomach pains until I throw up. Once I throw up I'm good for 30 minutes then the pain comes back. I eventually do a few days in the hospital to get right. The really odd thing is this happened in July of '21, July of 22, and July of 23. I was able to fight it off for a few months this time but it was really bad this round. 2 trips to er 2 stays in hospital and lost 20 #. I barely ate a bite since 10/26.

My secretary's daughter had it, t was pretty bad. She had to go on all organic, no gluten diet for long time before she got over it alng with all the meds

I don't know much about gastroparesis, but If you are still on Reglan, you need to have a long talk with your Dr. about the potential side-effects of taking it.

I don't know much about gastroparesis, but If you are still on Reglan, you need to have a long talk with your Dr. about the potential side-effects of taking it.
Definitely hoping taking Reglan will be temporary fix. I'm hoping to get in with a good GI Dr soon as well. The longest I've taken the Reglan was for around 5 months @ 10mg once a day. I was unaware of the side effects at the time. It made my stomach issues go away so I kept taking it until I found out it was causing some other issues I was having. Guess we'll see how it goes this round. So far the only other suggestion every Dr I've seen has is that it could be caused from underlying anxiety issues.

Definitely hoping taking Reglan will be temporary fix. I'm hoping to get in with a good GI Dr soon as well. The longest I've taken the Reglan was for around 5 months @ 10mg once a day. I was unaware of the side effects at the time. It made my stomach issues go away so I kept taking it until I found out it was causing some other issues I was having. Guess we'll see how it goes this round. So far the only other suggestion every Dr I've seen has is that it could be caused from underlying anxiety issues.
Reglan has a "Black Box Warning" on long-term use causing tardive dyskinesias. Have a long talk with your Doc about the potential of these side effects. Black Box Warnings are serious business and mean you have to weigh the benefit of the drug vs the risk of harm it can cause.

My wife has it pretty bad the doc told her there's nothing that they can do about it. Told her to try liquid diet, she hasn't done it yet, can't say I blame her

Thanks for the replys. Back home for now and we'll see how it goes. We don't have a GI doc here so it's all guess work until we can get into one. It's really strange. Starts with me being nauseous for days or weeks then one day I eat and get terrible stomach pains until I throw up. Once I throw up I'm good for 30 minutes then the pain comes back. I eventually do a few days in the hospital to get right. The really odd thing is this happened in July of '21, July of 22, and July of 23. I was able to fight it off for a few months this time but it was really bad this round. 2 trips to er 2 stays in hospital and lost 20 #. I barely ate a bite since 10/26.
Look... I'm no doctor so take this for whatever you think it's worth...

If I was having the same gastric symptoms in a specific month, I'd be looking at how my diet changes in that time period. Not just changes in specific foods, but also in amounts of food and any other things that may change. I know corn can trigger some gastric problems, and gluten was already mentioned by someone. Maybe barbequed meats, any charring or sauces or spices may be a factor.

The older I get the more I've found that I was ignoring how I felt after eating specific things. I don't drink soda because I get terrible leg cramps if I do. I don't drink caffeine because it affects my heart rhythms and I'm sensitive to it preventing me from sleeping. I don't eat fast food French fries because they make me feel bad about forty-five minutes after I eat them... but home made fries are fine. I don't eat red meat for lunch if I have to be alert and need to drive. Any kind of sugar makes me gain weight.

My wife drinks wine to prevent canker sores... which are a genetic sensitivity to food acids in her family.

I'm sure everyone has sensitivities they ignore. I always thought food was food and people thinking their diet was going to make a big difference were being overly concerned, but once I began to have results (no Charlie horses in years!!!) I started to pay attention.

Just a suggestion. Your mileage may vary.

Look... I'm no doctor so take this for whatever you think it's worth...

If I was having the same gastric symptoms in a specific month, I'd be looking at how my diet changes in that time period. Not just changes in specific foods, but also in amounts of food and any other things that may change. I know corn can trigger some gastric problems, and gluten was already mentioned by someone. Maybe barbequed meats, any charring or sauces or spices may be a factor.

The older I get the more I've found that I was ignoring how I felt after eating specific things. I don't drink soda because I get terrible leg cramps if I do. I don't drink caffeine because it affects my heart rhythms and I'm sensitive to it preventing me from sleeping. I don't eat fast food French fries because they make me feel bad about forty-five minutes after I eat them... but home made fries are fine. I don't eat red meat for lunch if I have to be alert and need to drive. Any kind of sugar makes me gain weight.

My wife drinks wine to prevent canker sores... which are a genetic sensitivity to food acids in her family.

I'm sure everyone has sensitivities they ignore. I always thought food was food and people thinking their diet was going to make a big difference were being overly concerned, but once I began to have results (no Charlie horses in years!!!) I started to pay attention.

Just a suggestion. Your mileage may vary.
We tried to see what in my diet might cause the problems but came up with nothing. I'm about to the point I think it might be a combination of slight gastroparesis and underlying stress issues. I honestly don't feel stressed but am one of those people that can never really relax and let go. I might have a few beers and let go for a few hours one evening but it's all back first thing the next morning.

Latest posts