GAR Integrity offspring

Help Support CattleToday:

i saw some Integrity's at a small sale this fall. they looked just like him, they didn't go for crazy money. but this was a small sale

The fact that commercial cattle producers would spend $50/straw on semen at all (let alone on an unproven sire) is the most rediculous thing I've ever heard.

Why not go buy your own unproven bull for $10,000 and have all the semen you want collected for about $1.50/straw? Heck if you get 207 straws, you still only have $10,310.50 invested in him. That comes out to $49.81 per straw.

Any # of straws over 207 is saving you $48.50 on each cow or heifer bred.

I may be missing something, but I prefer easy math :D .

Its been 45 years since I was in school. That must be new math. :roll: :roll: :roll:

The story we've heard on Integrity is that you can't get into a pen with him. The last thing the breed needs is another bull with a disposition problem. Anyone know anything about his disposition?

seth":jna1tukx said:
The story we've heard on Integrity is that you can't get into a pen with him. The last thing the breed needs is another bull with a disposition problem. Anyone know anything about his disposition?
I have heard the same thing. If you want to see him from the rear that you need to have someone at the other side of the pen to draw his attention so he won't be trying to charge you. If not he'll be trying to eat your lunch.

Scotty":33wni45t said:
Might be 100 per straw.

Scotty
I know one man that had 50 straws, sold 20 early on for $50.00. Now has 30 that he would love to sell for $50.00. .

Many moons ago I bought an Angus bull from a large breeder for $5,000 (God was I stupid!). The breeder ask if he could include the purchase as a part of his sale the coming month. I saw no problem and said OK. We actually purchase a one-third
interest and FULL possession. Boy was I suprised when the Angus Journal came out the next month and I learned that I had purchased the top selling bull for $15,000!!!!!!!!!!

My calve by him was born Nov. 19 @ 60lbs. and now weighs around 275 lb. Her attitude is fine. I probly will not be buying any of his semen real soon but really like this heifer.

Scotty

We have several Integrities and if they have a bad disposition I wish all our calves had a bad disposition. I don't know if he is a disposition improver but he certainly hasn't made the calves any worse than their mothers. His calves our exactly what we hoped for. They come easy with great vigor and they our maintaining their muscle expression, a real rarity from a calving ease bull. I would not be to quick to cross this bull off your list. I see a lot of good in our calves and we will continue to use him, especially on our heifers.

Someone mentioned a while back that the Integrity's are meat wagons......I have yet to see a 1407 that carries any amount of muscle that is worth considering let alone a cross with 1680. No bull in their lineage had muscle so why would they be any different.

Ultrasound muscle doesn't count.

I will get one going for sure here. But just how much muscle do you need? I have seen pleanty of 1407 calves that were sure enough thick. He only has 15000 or so registered animals. I realize we sell meat by the pound but you got to watch having to big of cuts to trim to fit the box. Also that ultra sound muslce does count. More than you will ever know.

Scotty

The first chance I get I am going to find these 1407 cattle with muscle. Let me ask how he could have muscle when 036 and Sleep Easy haven't even heard of muscle.

Muscle should express itself to be the widest part of the body.....The stifle area would be a start. Cattle whose tops are the widest part of their body, are simply fat. I am sorry I don't agree. Ultrasound muscle should count, but my dilemma is how come we see these wide based muscular bulls that would give a limo a run for his money and his REA will not be very high. Meanwhile these "carcass" cattle come along and they could fit between a slab fence and they have this REA measurement of 16 in. sq. Their ultrasound muscle presents itself in a different manner as it's longer down the rib rather than the customary width we are used to. Ever ultrasound a holstein.......they will show a good REA on ultrasound as well.

snuffy":2dih5nli said:
The first chance I get I am going to find these 1407 cattle with muscle. Let me ask how he could have muscle when 036 and Sleep Easy haven't even heard of muscle.

Muscle should express itself to be the widest part of the body.....The stifle area would be a start. Cattle whose tops are the widest part of their body, are simply fat. I am sorry I don't agree. Ultrasound muscle should count, but my dilemma is how come we see these wide based muscular bulls that would give a limo a run for his money and his REA will not be very high. Meanwhile these "carcass" cattle come along and they could fit between a slab fence and they have this REA measurement of 16 in. sq. Their ultrasound muscle presents itself in a different manner as it's longer down the rib rather than the customary width we are used to. Ever ultrasound a holstein.......they will show a good REA on ultrasound as well.

Just because Angus bulls don't look like Limousin doesn't mean they don't have muscle. Many of those bulging muscled cattle will grind up for burger because they won't grade. Can you afford to be selling 'burger meat while I'm selling CAB steaks? We used 036 a lot and never had a buyer complain about one. In fact, many of them came back for more. His offspring don't have the "easy fleshing" look a lot of people talk about because they don't carry the backfat that some other Angus cattle carry. That's ok with me. As long as the cows breed back, I'm happy.

I have one integrity bull calve that was born early August out of a recip. His dam is a 57D daughter. Size wise, he's ok, nothing huge, but he's also in a field with some Gelbvieh bull calves of the same age which makes him look much smaller. Ofcourse, one calf doesn't tell you much,...just my $.02

I won't be trying anymore Integrity for the main reason that carcass quality is pretty low on my list of priorities.

I sure don't mean apple ass cattle like limo's. First of all, Angus weren't designed to be like that. I guess I find it hard to appreciate slab sided, bad legged cattle like the New Design's. Never mind the fact that I have seen far to many brown muzzles on the N. Design cattle.

I was at Leachman Angus Ranch and we went through a host of Right Time daughters and then we come across the "carcass"cattle and wow were they hard to look at. Where I come from the need a little fleshing ability to handle winter. Those cattle are strictly hayburners. Bottomline profit that's what the Angus business is about for me.

Latest posts