GAR Integrity offspring

Help Support CattleToday:

blacksnake

Reaction score
I recently attended a sale that had a few offspring of Integrity. I was surprised at the sales price on all of them. They looked good, had good I+EPDs but offspring from other bulls brought more money. I'm not sure if the sale was attended mainly by producers looking for more growth oriented animals vs carcass quality that Integrity has or what. Anyone else seen Integrity offspring sell. If you throw out the super high inflated prices some of the BIG breeders pay each other, it seems like his offspring haven't lived up to what I thought they would.
Thanks for any info.

Read the Fla Peeps thread in this section. Most of those we were talking about are GAR. 1/2 interest in a cow went for $165,000 and no that is not too many zero's.

Yep FB we saw it first hand HUH!!! I dont personally like Gar Integrity(Eventhough I use all other Select Sires bulls I may use him one day too its all about what goes good with your cow or heifer) but its a popularity contest sometimes and he is the winner.

I would be interested in hearing updates on sales that have Integrity sired calves.

I am not a fan. Having seen the bull, I think he is disappointing; and I don't understand why the industry continuously reaches out and heavily uses unproven bulls.

I know that several of his calves have now sold for record setting prices but I find myself wondering why I haven't seen WAY WAY more of his calves. Every ya ho in the country said they were using him.

sainty01":2b53uqlu said:
I know that several of his calves have now sold for record setting prices but I find myself wondering why I haven't seen WAY WAY more of his calves. Every ya ho in the country said they were using him.
Could those record setting prices be as fake as a $3.00 bill. Could be you scratch my back, I scratch your back. With bulls like that the owners are wanting to heavily promote don't believe everything you see and hear at the sales. Don't believe everything you read about them either.

You are partly right LH but $255,000 is a little more than a scratchin. But yes I have seen the "I bought some cows at your sale for inflated prices now you buy some at mine" Scheme. But all in all Integritys EPDS arent bad. I personally dont like his frame but somebody must. And as far as his calves being out there. They are there just wait. He is like all other Bulls they breed and flush and breed some more until they get the products they want and, Wham there are bunches of his babies. They are starting to creep out now.

The sale I attended had about 5 spring 2005 heifers from GAR Integrity, all with good pedigrees on the Dam side. They sold for $1100, $1100, $1300, $1300, and $1500. They were some of the lowest priced heifers to sell. I think most of Integrity's appeal in in carcass quality, mainly due %UREA, %IMF, and the fact that he tested very high on the Bovigen tenderness gene scale.
Thanks for any info others have on his offspring.

Do the math..10,000 straws at $50=what???255,000 don't seem like that much when you do the math...These people spending that on cattle are the same people having million dollar bull sales each spring, they see it as a good investment not a insane amount of money for a cow that they can't get a return on...

And to say that Gardiner needs to use some gimmic to hype up a bull is crazy...They average 5,000 on 500 bulls that go to commercial cattlemen, there commercial cows average over 2000...And considering the amount of semen being sold on integrity I am sure there are a bunch of other people who wish they would have got him at that price..

The guys who bought Interity said in there sale catalog that they weren't sure if they wanted to invest that in a bull, but they took a chance and they have already began to see profit off him...

I have seen several and I love the 'look' of the Integrity offspring. He is adding thickness to just about every mating I have seen and does not seem to be causing any problems. The frame 6 is what it is. Will work for most, not for others.The carcass data is yet to be seen but I hear the early data looks very good. The first calves are just turning a year old now and there are not a lot of them due to the fact that the semen was very hard to come by at that time. This bulls heavy use since then is due to a couple of things. He is out of a tremendous cow and he is a MEATWAGON.The one thing the Angus breed needs most is more red meat and this bull is adding it. I think that the bull is going to work and will become a widely used sire in this breed and the commercial market.

Maine Limi Man":2lnp8rgy said:
Do the math..10,000 straws at $50=what???255,000 don't seem like that much when you do the math...These people spending that on cattle are the same people having million dollar bull sales each spring, they see it as a good investment not a insane amount of money for a cow that they can't get a return on...

And to say that Gardiner needs to use some gimmic to hype up a bull is crazy...They average 5,000 on 500 bulls that go to commercial cattlemen, there commercial cows average over 2000...And considering the amount of semen being sold on integrity I am sure there are a bunch of other people who wish they would have got him at that price..

The guys who bought Interity said in there sale catalog that they weren't sure if they wanted to invest that in a bull, but they took a chance and they have already began to see profit off him...

Might be 100 per straw.

Scotty

He's another high priced, highly promoted young bull. As he gets used widely used, we'll see how he holds up. I'm waiting for his accuracies to go up and the semen price come down.

Frankie":ml9bpd28 said:
He's another high priced, highly promoted young bull. As he gets used widely used, we'll see how he holds up. I'm waiting for his accuracies to go up and the semen price come down.

Have you ever seen the price of semen ""come down" on a good bull?

I can understand waiting for the accuracies to go up, but I would be leery of a bull whose semen price "came down".

MikeC":2aor6tuv said:
Frankie":2aor6tuv said:

Have you ever seen the price of semen ""come down" on a good bull?

I can understand waiting for the accuracies to go up, but I would be leery of a bull whose semen price "came down".

Yes, I've seen the price come down on an Angus bull, whether he was "good" or not was a personal opinion.

Anybody got calves with papers yet would like to know what his Ratio's are now that he is being sampled in allot of different herds. :?:

Three T":2784nwei said:
Anybody got calves with papers yet would like to know what his Ratio's are now that he is being sampled in allot of different herds. :?:

Some of his first ones are now about ready to breed. The first I saw were in Sept. and were a year old. I will attend a bull sale this spring that is to have som Integrity X 2536 bulls. My only Integrity calves is now one month old.

Scotty

OUCH!!!
WW down to 30
YW down to 72
new spring epd's are out, looks like I shouldn't have drunk the Kool-aid.This may get as bad as White Oak Precise and Millcreek Premium.

Has anyone seen how Integrity scores on the new 10 star Bovigen rating system. I think I saw he was 5 of 6 when there were only 6 stars in use. Also has there been any 10 star bulls identified?
Thanks

Three T":fz5yru19 said:
OUCH!!!
WW down to 30
YW down to 72
new spring epd's are out, looks like I shouldn't have drunk the Kool-aid.This may get as bad as White Oak Precise and Millcreek Premium.
:lol: :lol:

ollie,
Not getting any sympathy from you? :lol:
In fairness to the bull ( and his owners) I probably used the bull with the wrong idea's.

Three T":1wcw7y8c said:
ollie,
Not getting any sympathy from you? :lol:
In fairness to the bull ( and his owners) I probably used the bull with the wrong idea's.
From what I have heard about Integrity, I have to agree with ollie. Maybe they will have him on display in the Denver yards next Mo. for us to see him.

Latest posts