Game Camera tips

Help Support CattleToday:

M-5

Reaction score
AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers
I can not take credit for these tips because I found them on the interweb, and they are too simple not to share them .

first one I made is out of a bike hook.

bend the end straight and use a 1/4-20 die and thread it

add a jam nut and screw into tree and screw on the camera.

the hooks cost a buck a piece at dollar sto

second one is eye bolt 1/4-20thread 3" long and a eye lag 3" long 3 flat washers , a 9/16th bolt and nut

the eye bolts were a buck a piece at Tractor supply. I had the bolt in the bin so I figure it cost 3 bucks to make this one.

Good tips Dash.....I just drive a T-post in the ground and run a zip tie thru the camera where the stray should be and zip it to the post.

That's a good tip thanks. My brother put out 4 cameras Sunday on our feeders and had 900 pictures as of this morning. Not the first picture of a big buck, but he has pictures of about 35 different bucks. And quite a few are nice ones. Seen a picture of a 6pt that I'm going after, should be in the 120's. We have a lot of them genes in our deer.

highgrit":4y272jbe said:
That's a good tip thanks. My brother put out 4 cameras Sunday on our feeders and had 900 pictures as of this morning. Not the first picture of a big buck, but he has pictures of about 35 different bucks. And quite a few are nice ones. Seen a picture of a 6pt that I'm going after, should be in the 120's. We have a lot of them genes in our deer.
I usually get more pics of coons, squirrels and my dang cats than anything. :lol2:

Thanks good tips. I use trail cameras to check cattle and for security. I've got several that don't work hung out in plain sight.
The good ones are hidden.

i generally just use straps on a post or tree.Good tips However m-5 That gave me a good idea of how to mount some video cameras to my stand or to the tree.

skyhightree1":2nekssg9 said:
i generally just use straps on a post or tree.Good tips However m-5 That gave me a good idea of how to mount some video cameras to my stand or to the tree.

yes same thread pattern on digital cameras and video cameras , straps work but you are constantly tying knots if you move to different trees plus you don't have to shove a pine cone behind it to get it angled down

M-5":1teg3uba said:
skyhightree1":1teg3uba said:

yes same thread pattern on digital cameras and video cameras , straps work but you are constantly tying knots if you move to different trees plus you don't have to shove a pine cone behind it to get it angled down

Very true...

fenceman":1i310buv said:
Thanks good tips. I use trail cameras to check cattle and for security. I've got several that don't work hung out in plain sight.
The good ones are hidden.

That's a good tip. I have a bucket of old cameras.

Latest posts