gall bladder

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
well i ended up in the ER yesterday hurting like a son of a gun.finally after the catscans they decided i have gall stones.so now i have an appt with the surgen to see what she wants todo.im hoping ill have surgy monday or tuesday.being close to the sale i go to i sure picked a bad time to go down.now that i know the problem im pretty much ignoring the pain.i figure its been acting up for 3wks.it just got bad yesterday.

I am sorry I know those hurt I had mine taken out in July after two visits to the ER. As long as they can do laparoscopic surgery the recovery is not that bad. I went in that morning and was out by the afternoon and felt ok. 3-4 days later I was back to normal just got to watch what ya eat your body is not use to not having extra bile stored up. You eat fried or fatty food and you will pay for it. Hope it all goes well. What sale you talking about going to?

I didn't have stones, but did have to have mine removed a few years ago. It's not too bad, I was sore and tired the same day when I got home. But the next day I was able to drive about an hour away to look at some cows. I had to walk slow, but you'll be able to get around. As mentioned, eating habits may be the biggest change. I'm pretty sure losing my gall bladder caused IBS. I can eat anything I want, but there can be consequences to greasy foods. :D I know a few others that had theirs removed, and they all say the same thing.

went to the dr fri and she said the catscan wasnt 100% clear.so i had an ulta sound test will know those results monday.im eating what i normally do so if thats the problem ill have a flare up.but something is going on as im still having some flare ups but not to bad yet.waco the sale is lonestar beefmaster sale.

Stay away from dairy, fried, beef, pork, and other fatty or spicy foods and it will reduce the chances of a flare up. I ate a lot of turkey sandwiches and salads trying to keep mine from acting up till I could get it out. I am surprised they didn't put you in a MRI. If you had the surgery this week you would be able to go to the sale on the 5th, or you could put off the surgery eat healthy and cross your fingers.

well i got some good news yesterday.my dr looked over all the test results and x-rays real good and cleared me.she said i did have 1 gall stone.said that if i started flaring up real bad to call or come into her office.she said from the way i hurt that i must have strained or pulled muscles in my back.i also have some small kidney stones but that is a given.i know to drink alot and flush them out when they bother me.

Latest posts