fungus

Help Support CattleToday:

rimranch

Reaction score
Heres the problem, I went out of town for thanksgiving and when I got back my show calf had a couple spots where he was missing hair i thought it might be ring worm and i started treating it. But it dose not seem to be working at all! He has six more spots which are really tender and i don't know what to do. Are there any other kinds of fungus this could be? The spots look flaky so possibly dandruff but that wouldn't cause hair to fall out? Any imput would be geat thanks

Are the spots round? What are you treating them with? Where are the spots? Could possibly be lice if it is just flaky looking. Does it look like the hair fell out or did he rub it off?

the spots are not round some are oval and a couple just irregular. their are two on his nose one underneath the halter line on the side of his face two on his neck just below his jaw, one nex to his poll, another in the crese between the ear and the head, one on the tip of his ear, and a new one i just found today on his barrel, where he was scratching. currently i am washing with fungus fighter shampoo and using the creme you would put on athleates foot on the actual spots

I'll bet its just ringworm. Probably just taking a little while to get completely rid of. What you are doing should work. We sometimes use a dilute bleach solution as a cheap alternative.

We take spray paint and spray it over ths spots. It suffocates the fungus and it dies.

Latest posts