Functional Polled Herefords

Help Support CattleToday:

Stuart.Selleck

Reaction score
Where do I find some functional Polled Hereford females from someone that uses their own bulls, will be born unassisted, breed back every year (year after year), level udders that actually produce milk with nice teat size (No soda bottle teats!), and darn good feet? I don't want cows that are 1,200# or larger that are a rack of bones. I don't give a flip about EPD's either. I just want some honest to goodness good females that just do their job. I don't want any surprises or junk in their genetic closets either. They must not come from a bull of the month club member either. It's darn hard to find a breeder like this in any breed. Is there one in the Polled Hereford breed?

What you just described does not really exist. If it did, they would be pretty valuable. Better off going with horned and just dealing with dehorning if you must have polled. At least they would rear ends on them.

Isomade":8sj4ftzp said:
http://www.nelsonlandandcattle.com

Did you miss the no larger than 1200#'s or the don't give a flip about epd's or the bull of the month club. Outcrossed with too much heterosis for seedstock.

Same post by the same name on several forums. Google his name and add "cattle" behind it in the search line.

sccattle. gacattle. alcattle. etc etc. Got another one from Dime Box, Texas.

CB is probably on the money again.

AllForage":2slu5s4q said:
What you just described does not really exist. If it did, they would be pretty valuable. Better off going with horned and just dealing with dehorning if you must have polled. At least they would rear ends on them.

Actually, what he describes really does exist....There's some in KY. :cowboy:

mrvictordomino":38uarhk5 said:
AllForage":38uarhk5 said:

That was my conclusion after looking at the pictures you posted.LOLOL Too bad we probably won't see him again!

3waycross":3vcpwe48 said:
mrvictordomino":3vcpwe48 said:
AllForage":3vcpwe48 said:

That was my conclusion after looking at the pictures you posted.LOLOL Too bad we probably won't see him again!

I know of two breeders in Texas with awesome herd's, and I am not talking about mine either. When you drive up better have a thick checkbook. There is one in central Texas herd will make your eye's pop out.

Not trying to stir up any trouble. Get the feeling some don't think so. If I post again, I will try to be sweeter in my posts.

Look at the pictures of what mrvictordomino has and you will find the Polled Herefords you want. Get in touch with him.