Fun week-end(pictures)

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
100_1065.jpg

100_1071.jpg

Dang, Dun was that hail coming in horizontal? Are those holes in that vinyl siding?

~~

How did your cows do in this freaky weather ?

Hope you are ALL ok.

Tell us what happened.

Yup, those are holes. Dented the truck some also. I couldn;t believe the cows, they apparantly went under a tree or something while it was happening. Seemed like several housr but it was really only 25 minutes. Went out the check on the calves and they were trying to eat the hail stones. They were wet but no injurys. Cows be some tough critters, and calves too.

dun

~

AOL had some photos of dead calves posted.

3 of them about 300 feet from a mangled barn, and one live one, laying down.

Very scary.

Glad you are all ok.

Was that all from saturday afternoon's storms? We came through Columbia on the way home from the AI class and if had just finished hailing. The road looked like it had snowed, you could just see the tracks of previous cars. The rest of the road was covered in about 1-2 inches of hail.

Pretty wicked again last night too.

BTW, did you all have any damage about 4 yrs ago when the tornado came through between Lebanon and Camdenton? I remember driving through there the next day and you could see exactly where the tornado had gone through, it was amazing.

Looks like those stones had some velocity. I have seen softball sized hail that penetrated car windows. The most dangerous I have ever seen were golf ball sized hail, with velocity. It looks like they spared your windows. So sorry you had this experience. Glad it wasn't worse and that your cows are all okay.

El_Putzo":3e48wte0 said:
BTW, did you all have any damage about 4 yrs ago when the tornado came through between Lebanon and Camdenton? I remember driving through there the next day and you could see exactly where the tornado had gone through, it was amazing.

That one passed about 10 miles north of the other farm, we didn;t get even a bit of rain or wind.

dun

Workinonit Farm":54kicwjl said:
Looks like the house got the worst of it. No fun replacing that siding.

Katherine

That's what insurance is for. The agent was out here at 7 am this morning checking the damage. He was cruising all of his clients in the area to see if any had damage.

dun

Glad you're all OK. We had some bad stuff go through here last night, too. Probably stuff that started over by you. A few limbs down at my place but no real damage. We were hunkered down in the crawl space for awhile. Tornado did some damage to town about 15 miles north of us but only minor injuries thank God.

I was just gunna get a hold of ya tonight to see if ya made it. Heard something like 137 tornadoes this weekend. Heard it hit your area hard and was worried about ya.

Holy crow!! Glad you and yours are okay.

Honey said he heard that there were 10 fatalities in yesterday's news in Mo...very tragic.

How far from 'tornado alley' are you, Dun?

Take care.

ya gotta love it here on the edge of tornado alley - it is never dull
yesterday it was 80 and tonight supposed to get to 31 - and in case you've never lived here - that sort of change is usually preceeded by a tornado or two or 137
we had one that traveled diagonally past - missed us by about 3 miles - :shock:
we had one little limb (dead already) down in the back yard and lost power for a few hours but the county has already been declared a disaster area and about 100 homes are destroyed.
so I know how very lucky we were! :)

CattleAnnie":7exwq913 said:
How far from 'tornado alley' are you, Dun?

Take care.

It's actaully a good many miles from us, but, there will be a tornado somewhere in the general area every couple of years. The town where one of our farms was had a tornado through yesterday and they'll be without power for 3-4 days.
Saturday night and sunday morning it seemed that the hail sotrm with the quarter sized hail was a pretty bad deal. After sunday night with the tornados around we figure that the hail was no big deal. More of an inconveninece then anything else.

dun

Sorry to see the damage Dun. We had that kind of storm here 2 years ago. Just about everybody in it's path got new siding and roof. It pealed cedar trees. Took leaves off of everything.No green left on them. I hope thats the last storm like that ya'll get.

Glad all is okay and not as much damage as could have been. We got by with a few trees down so I guess if it can just be slighlty warm this weekend I have a few trees to clean up and fences to repair. Hope that is all we get this year! Good Luck!

Latest posts