fun 5 days

Help Support CattleToday:

Lon

Reaction score
well last thursday i am headed home to go on a stretch of work. i get a phone call from father in law who sounds real hesitant on asking a question. so i tell him spit it out i already know your wanting help on something if your calling. :lol2: he said your right about my calves. i just got off phone with vet and they have coccidiosis. only reason i knew honestly is because he had the problem in cows last fall. turns out he messed up on the dosing of them. :clap: :clap: told me i hate to ask you this but the vet said they need drenched every day for 5 days. i laughed told him i will turn round and head back. so today was the last day on drenching them. all 100 and some odd calves brought in and done for the last time. :nod: today we had help though from a guy. said i will help grab the calves and hold them taking turns with me. well before we was even done sorting off the cows from the first bunch the "help" who has never been around cattle managed to make things alot harder. i got kicked in the knee lost my temper yelled told him get over them damn panels and stay the f out of my way. got done tonight knee keeps bucklin backwards now. but all in all i have to say still smiling cause they are done. now a few of these :drink: :drink: for me. :banana:

papavillars":3eqxc76k said:
Sure an inexpierenced hand sucks but how else are they going to learn. Some one probably taught you.

yup somebody did teach me. difference is when i learned i learned alot by watching first than listening and doing as told and showd. not by takin a whip figuring they are cows how hard can it be and whoopin and a haulerin without much attention to anyone standing around me. i have no problem with someone wanting to learn and usually one of the first to say sure jump in but if they have no room for listening i have no patiance for them. im sure you would say the same if taking the kick that i did.

papavillars":1dolf4ug said:
Sure an inexpierenced hand sucks but how else are they going to learn. Some one probably taught you.
yea ur right about that.i always tell my boys when were movin cattle dont try to force em and take what they giv u.usually if ur patient they kinda hav a way of sorting themselves 4 u.

story bout that kinda help

guys comin to buy a bull from me..im gonna deliver it but he comes over this morning to help load it. brahma bull dont wanna go in..keeps pacing the pen walls..so i sit down on the top of the rails and tell him we'll wait him out...i got feed in the front of the trlr..he'll git in the eventually and ill run him over to ya. so his helper was watchin all this and says we aint got time for that. he gits in there and proceeds to agitate him and poke him with a prod..i says yer only makin him mad niel..leave him be..he''ll load himself..bout 2 pokes later that bull had his head in niels belly and smashed him to the panels on the other side of the pen...once he got up we laughed so hard we cried....he couldnt tho..cuz his ribs and belly hurt so bad he couldnt hardly breathe...i told him..he just didnt wanna listen....wasnt any smarter than that bull after all....bout 2 hrs later after lunch he was in the trlr having a snack and i shut the doors....niel was too busy to help us unload him

Latest posts