Fuel Pump

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
316BdeATOoL._SX342_.jpg

$300

Seems high. I did not expect to pay this much.. Am I looking at the wrong thing for a diesel fuel pump for a small tank [50 to 100 gal]..

I have that exact same one. So far so good. It has a fine mesh screen before the pump and catches most of the junk. I bought mine at TSC, seems like it was about the same price.

The GPI pumps like pictured are available in a 15 & 18 gpm and auto or manual shutoff nozzle
The 15gpm with manual nozzle should be about that maybe a little under 300
It's a plunger or piston type pump with plastic gears and and plastic key
Pretty simple to work on.

Fullrite is a rotary type pump with bronze/brass vanes
The fillrite seems to be more popular and a little higher

I think both have a two year warranty now and both are pretty good pumps but the fillrite in my opinion is better built

True Grit Farms":atqzyi0w said:
I have that exact same one. So far so good. It has a fine mesh screen before the pump and catches most of the junk. I bought mine at TSC, seems like it was about the same price.

Yes and keeo the screen clean
Also change filters when they begin to get clogged abd restrict flow
The little 12volt motors don't do well pumping against pressure and tend to get hot

Lots of motors burned up because of dirty filters and people with auto nozzles shutting off and they let it run pumping against pressure overheating the motors

But I've seen them warranty lots of stuff I didn't think they should have

Cross-7":3nr2mzqr said:
True Grit Farms":3nr2mzqr said:

Yes and keeo the screen clean
Also change filters when they begin to get clogged abd restrict flow
The little 12volt motors don't do well pumping against pressure and tend to get hot

Lots of motors burned up because of dirty filters and people with auto nozzles shutting off and they let it run pumping against pressure overheating the motors

But I've seen them warranty lots of stuff I didn't think they should have

And take the time to install an in-line fuse. Cheap insurance.

Latest posts