FSH

Help Support CattleToday:

Double R Ranch

Reaction score
Hey all,
I am back from ET school and ready to rock and roll. BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT am having a hard time finding FSH for my vet to order. For those of you who do ET can you please tell me where you or your vets get your FSH and what the brand names are you use. I need to get flushing and can't seem to get a single answer around our area of brands of FSH and where to get it. My vet is willing to buy it for me but can't seem to find a dealer that is reasonable or brand names. She mostly deals in horses so I don't blame her.
Oh and for those interested in doing ET, check your states laws on performing for others before you go to school if that is part of your intentions. My cruddy state pretty much makes it impossible to do for others without breaking laws. It is done all the time but breaking laws is not my style.
Thanks for the help,
Double R

Have your vet check with his Schering rep. They used to have a FSH, not sure if the still do or not

I have bought drugs from AgTech, Inc. in the past. They a Prescription Drug Form that your vet can fill out and send in. They will keep it on file and you can order as needed.
http://www.agtechinc.com/

Thanks for the help. I am looking into the companies that you all have suggested. Hope I can get this all before I forget how to do it all!
Double R

dun":114l30ca said:
Didn;t/coudn't the school you attended help?

Unfortunitly he cant really help for each individual state. Then place he gets his from is in bulk and knowing now that I can not legally perform ET on other peoples animals I have no need for a case of FSH which would be EXTREMEMLY Expensive.
Thanks Dun,
Always look forward to hearing from you!
Double R

I figuered they could at least give you names of companys that make the stuff then your vet could check into it's avaialbility.

Seems to me I would work with the school or someone in the class so you can buy in volume and divide it out to save some money. Good luck with your et work. We do ours through a vet that has years of experience. Don't know where you live but Nebraska came down hard on a reproduction physiologist that was doing et work but was not a vet a few years ago.

Found Bovine FSH and Swine FSH. Anyone prefer one over the other. Research is showing that the swine FSH is usable on cattle and is a lot less expensive.
What do you all think?
Thanks,
Double R

Latest posts