FROST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross

Reaction score
Outsmarted by mother nature again. I have been sitting on my tomato plants for 3 weeks waiting for a frost free date, thought I had it whipped so I spent 3 hours planting tomatoes last evening. Now keep in mind we have not been below 39 degrees for 2 weeks.

Well,we were sure were last night, at 12:30 AM it was 44 degrees when I got up this morning at 6:30 it was 29 degrees, lost all(27) but 4.

Guess I'll replant if the greenhouse hasn't been cleaned out already this morning. Shoot!!!!!!!!!!

3waycross":3buwxj1i said:
Outsmarted by mother nature again. I have been sitting on my tomato plants for 3 weeks waiting for a frost free date, thought I had it whipped so I spent 3 hours planting tomatoes last evening. Now keep in mind we have not been below 39 degrees for 2 weeks.

Unless you're a very new transplant to Colorado, that line of reasoning doesn't fly with me. I live directly west of you, and freezes this time of year are common enough in both of our states that you should have been aware of the possibility. ;-) :nod:

Well,we were sure were last night, at 12:30 AM it was 44 degrees when I got up this morning at 6:30 it was 29 degrees, lost all(27) but 4.

I'm at somewhat of a loss as to why you didn't simply drive stakes in the ground and put a blanket over your tomato plants, or covered them with a coffee can or bucket. Any of the above would have helped hold the warmth of the day, protected from the cold, and you would have had fewer losses - possibly none. :?

Now keep in mind we have not been below 39 degrees for 2 weeks.

Unless you're a very new transplant to Colorado, that line of reasoning doesn't fly with me. I live directly west of you, and freezes this time of year are common enough in both of our states that you should have been aware of the possibility. ;-) :nod:

Oh! did I say we have not been below 39 degrees for 2 weeks. Did they move Wyoming, last time I looked it was North of here.

Last year we only had one light freeze after Memorial Day, Just got fooled this time around. Next time tell me what you really think I just hate it when you try to be so darned nice.

We're a bit farther north of y'all and it's 39 degrees right now and snowing in the mountains.
Lucky that we didn't transplant anything yet....supposed to warm later in the week, DMc

Latest posts