Frost

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
It's supposed to get down in the mid 30's and area's of frost tonight. Thinking I had better cover the garden with visquene tonight. I have radishes,carrots,potatoes,beans,tomatoes,cucumbers and onions all coming up. What say you?

Cal

Of the ones you have listed the only ones lethally affected by frost would be beans, tomatoes, and cucumbers. We have frost warnings here also. Bad news this late in the Spring.

Average last frost date here is April 15, hard frost last night, the 28th. A lot of people are going to be starting over here. My garden is still too wet to work. :(

Yes......
I had ice on my windshield when i left home at 5:30 this morning 4/30/08.

My tomatoes and peppers were doing good and I just planted my cucummber plants Monday evening.

Will see when i get home if the frost hit the ground or just the windshields. It was pretty heavy on the windshield.

fit2btied":2njkybgj said:
Average last frost date here is April 15, hard frost last night, the 28th. A lot of people are going to be starting over here. My garden is still too wet to work. :(

Our normal last frost date is June 10th. Try growing tomatoes cukes and corn with that kind of weather. Funny thing is we actually do. Two yrs ago I had almost 400lbs of tomatos

pdfangus":2ix3p8ac said:
Yes......
I had ice on my windshield when i left home at 5:30 this morning 4/30/08.

My tomatoes and peppers were doing good and I just planted my cucummber plants Monday evening.

Will see when i get home if the frost hit the ground or just the windshields. It was pretty heavy on the windshield.

Everything seems to have survived. frost must not have been on the ground.

Latest posts