Freshwater Drum

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Any recipes besides stuffing it with horse apples, nailing it to hickory board, baking for 2 hours then throwing away the fish and eating the board?

What does a freshwater drum look like?? And what does it eat?? Never seen a fish called a freshwater drum.

I've eaten many a gasper goo just fried in a skillet and sometimes fresh caught goo's in a deep propane fired fryer out in the woods or up on the river bank and I've always enjoyed them. I assume that a "freshwater drum" in Mo. is the same thing we have down here in SE Texas, and what we locally call "gasper goo" --- if so, just fire up your cast iron skillet and enjoy them

highgrit":6wkcshsr said:
What does a freshwater drum look like?? And what does it eat?? Never seen a fish called a freshwater drum.
Same family as Croakers in saltwater.

Arnold Ziffle":13chjdjm said:
I've eaten many a gasper goo just fried in a skillet and sometimes fresh caught goo's in a deep propane fired fryer out in the woods or up on the river bank and I've always enjoyed them. I assume that a "freshwater drum" in Mo. is the same thing we have down here in SE Texas, and what we locally call "gasper goo" --- if so, just fire up your cast iron skillet and enjoy them
I've heard that they're bony, is that the case?

I've never eaten a goo but I've caught a bunch . It's about like cleaning a sheep head. Very bony.

Latest posts