Fresh Beef from Brazil

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
Since taking office in 2019, Bolsonaro has upended Brazil's decades-old tradition of an equidistant foreign policy in favor of automatic alignment with the U.S. and its allies. In return, Trump lifted a ban on fresh-beef imports, supported Brazil's bid to join the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development, and signed deals for defense and space-exploration cooperation.

Biden wants to give Brazil 20B to stop cutting down the rain forest.

Of course he wants them to stop cutting the rain forest. He thinks that money grows on trees. The rain forest is made up of trees. We have to save every single one of them.

Since taking office in 2019, Bolsonaro has upended Brazil's decades-old tradition of an equidistant foreign policy in favor of automatic alignment with the U.S. and its allies. In return, Trump lifted a ban on fresh-beef imports, supported Brazil's bid to join the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development, and signed deals for defense and space-exploration cooperation.
Won't matter when Harris bans all red meat. Guessing you're gonna vote for slow joe, and invest in beyond meat?

So what are you trying to convey? What's the bigger picture that fun fact plays in to that we should be aware of?

My mistake the beef is from Nicaragua. It is being marketed here in America by Thomas foods and marketed as grass fed organic beef. The idegenius people are being burned out and murdered so the ranchers can get their land.

obviously he misspelled Indigenous
4 killed 2 injured and 16 houses burned by land grabbers this year.
40 killed in the last 5 years, even though the government has granted land titles to the indigenous peoples, the government of Nicaragua has been condemned for not enforcing laws when it comes to land conflicts with indigenous inhabitants.

In the last 5 yrs Nicaragua has grown to #3 supplier of imported beef.
Thomas foods is the #1 buyer of Nicaraguan beef, reselling it to Wal-Mart, Safeway and others as organic and/or grass-fed beef.

The Obama/Biden administration struck down Country of Origin labeling requirement with the unintended consequence of encouraging slash and burn cattle ranching in Central and South America and the murder of indigenous people to produce low cost beef in their now lucrative export market.

Do-gooder politicians always seem to do more harm than good from unintended consequences... and to me a good reason for smaller government.

Last edited:
as of Oct 21, 2020....
"U.S. beef imports up 12% in 2020

The United States has imported 2.35 billion pounds of beef so far in 2020, up 11.5% from 2019.

The United States has imported the most beef so far in 2020 from Canada followed by Mexico & Australia. The United States has imported beef from 21 different countries so far in 2020.

U.S. beef imports from Canada are down 4% so far in 2020.

U.S. beef imports from Australia are down 1% so far in 2020."

While there are concentrated efforts on the part of international conservation groups, there is little to no reporting on the felling of tropical and equatorial forests in Africa and Asia. The Chinese have cleared most of the rosewood forests in these countries, with teaks and mahogany also in high demand. The main reason for clear felling, is to establish palm plantations for vegetable oil production, which is accelerating due to the wonderful idea of using it a fuel in the EU! The recent floods in Mozambique during last years cyclone, were due to deforestation, during cyclone Emily in 1976, I was patrolling with the army in that region, there was no severe flooding despite this being a more severe cyclone than the recent one - due to the forests still being intact. As far as the beef imports are concerned, the origin needs to be constantly monitored, as imports of beef from Brazil to the UK were found to be from abattoirs which were not licensed for export, due to being in foot and mouth susceptible regions.

Obviously pudding pants always makes mistakes on his quotes, just like his party, do you really expect any kind of smarts from him.

Obviously pudding pants always makes mistakes on his quotes, just like his party, do you really expect any kind of smarts from him.
I track lot of the post on cattle today. I have never seen a positive post with any substance from hasse. Only time hasse post is trying to insult my post. Hasse = great Trump supporter.

I track lot of the post on cattle today. I have never seen a positive post with any substance from hasse. Only time hasse post is trying to insult my post. Hasse = great Trump supporter.
He never has anything positive to say and all he does is spew his toxic politics and call people names. Has anyone ever seen him comment or post in any cattle related thread? I know that he has not in over a year and I don't recall him commenting on anything cattle ever since I have been here.

Latest posts