Foundation female

Help Support CattleToday:

Julian

Reaction score
Lana.jpg

Here's one of our foundation females. Would be curious to hear what others' opinions are about her.
Thanks,
Julian

nice critter, the only thing I could fault her on is she looks a little tight behind the shoulders, but that's bein very picky.

She's real purdy, looks to have good length and leg structure.

I have a friend who is fond of julian bred cows. I see she's been though a sale. Have you seen her mother?

I may get a better look at her mother this weekend. She comes from a very respected operation. I've seen her sire and he's a good one! Going to try to get some semen on him for other cattle. There were several that bid on her and I really couldn't believe that we got her. I just knew by reading her pedigree and seeing her in person that she was going to be a solid piece in our foundation, for what we are doing. Have had several people tell me that if we decide not to keep her they would like a phone call. She brings us a big smile everytime we see her in the pasture.

Thanks Julian. I'd be intersted in a pic of her mother or at least your visual appraisal. She looks nice.

My honest opinion is ....... She would look soooooo nice in that small pasture I have up here by the barn. :D

Good to see you here Julian! She's a real nice, beefy heifer. She will make a nice easy fleshing, moderate cow for you. I like the line breeding philosiphy of her and your program. Good luck with her. How did you breed her this year?

BA":3p64zamy said:
Good to see you here Julian! She's a real nice, beefy heifer. She will make a nice easy fleshing, moderate cow for you. I like the line breeding philosiphy of her and your program. Good luck with her. How did you breed her this year?

She is a daughter of TR Julian LT142 and therefore a granddaughter of Julian B571. She is bred to another grandson of B571 that is also a son of TR Julian LT142. Her calf will have 50% of the genetic influence of LT142 and 25% of the genetic influence of B571.

We have a half-sib to this gal also bred to the same bull.

I see that you have recognized me from the pic. Very observant! :)

MikeC":69z2bid8 said:
Nice heifer. Wish I had a 100 like her. Or 50. Or 25. Or 1.

If we win the lottery I can see her going to the ET center as a donor, but until that lottery ticket appears we don't have enough herd numbers to make any mistakes, so we'll see over the next few years how she produces. If she does like we hope I would like to flush her in the future and then make 25 more of her. Time will tell. Thank you for your comments, Mike C.
--Julian

dcara":2df44mvn said:
She looks real nice though I'd like to see a little more length on her.

Maybe this female will be a little more to your liking.
She does carry more width to her hindquarter than the picture shows. She was bunched up on the water trough when we snapped the picture.
MushrushZenaEPR120.jpg

jhambley":zuvsr7px said:
Very nice. Do you have any photos over the top or from the back? Just curious how wide they are.

Our cattle are located about an hour and a half west, northwest of Wichita. Perhaps it is not to far for you to see them in person.
Let me know.
--Julian

Julian":18ae1e24 said:
jhambley":18ae1e24 said:
Very nice. Do you have any photos over the top or from the back? Just curious how wide they are.

Our cattle are located about an hour and a half west, northwest of Wichita. Perhaps it is not to far for you to see them in person.
Let me know.
--Julian
That's good country.

Jake":39rezydq said:
nice critter, the only thing I could fault her on is she looks a little tight behind the shoulders, but that's bein very picky.

She's real purdy, looks to have good length and leg structure.
Jake - Considering that he requested opinionss on this FOUNDATION heifer - one SHOULD be picky, and I don't disagree with your assessment. In selecting Foundation seedstock, or females destined to be donorss the more "picky" a breeder is, the greater chance he will ultimately end up with a great herd of cows. Never hesitate to be picky when judging seedstock. If this heifer were headed to the feedyard for a Terminal ending, the slight criticism regarding trhe heartgirth would be negligible. Her overall weight-for-age might come under scrutiny when considering Average Daily Gain, but that is a whole "'nother story".

DOC HARRIS

Latest posts