Fort Worth v. San Antonio v. Houston Stock Shows

Help Support CattleToday:

Which is best? Ft. Worth, San Antonio, or Houston?

• Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo

• Houston Stock Show and Rodeo

• Total voters

jaydill

Reaction score
For you Texas show-ers out there...or those of you who travel down to this great state for our stock show/rodeos...which do you prefer out of the three, and why? Fort Worth, San Anton', or Houston?

Been to all 3, San Antonio is my favorite. Well, it is as far as walking around looking at stuff. As for showing animals, Houston has the nicest show setup. I like all of the shows, I enjoy just being there with my animals.

Fort Worth really doesnt have much there to see. They have a few shops, and thats about it. San Antonio has a lot of stuff to see there, and you dont have to spend money to see some of the stuff. Houston, well, its all about money. For Houston nothing matters to them more than money. Its pretty obvious.

I have only been to Fort Worth, but always enjoy it and the sights when I go. There is also much going on outside the stock show in Fort Worth. Rode in the Fort Worth parade and then through the grand entry, that was lots of fun....that may have been why I enjoyed it so much. :D

I plan on going to Houston to watch my niece show, she is showing tomorrow in San Antonio.

Gotta go with Ft. Worth, of course. Houston and San Antonio are good and fun, but too much of a hassle. At Houston the traffic is awful; and last year we were stalled as close to the pigs as you can get, and that is not exactly close to the cattle show arena. As for San Antonio, our animals usually come back with a cough or runny nose.

still have a great time at all 3, and would go there any year, but gotta vote for Ft. Worth.

Just_a_girl":2tj5awdr said:
I have only been to Fort Worth, but always enjoy it and the sights when I go. There is also much going on outside the stock show in Fort Worth. Rode in the Fort Worth parade and then through the grand entry, that was lots of fun....that may have been why I enjoyed it so much. :D

I plan on going to Houston to watch my niece show, she is showing tomorrow in San Antonio.
Good luck to your niece.

AngusSenorita":2152hm31 said:
I've heard that at Huston the floor is really slippery, that would worry me

they make you walk your animals on these sandpaper like mats, but if you get off them onto the concrete it is pretty slick for the animals

AngusSenorita":m8x3dfs6 said:
I've heard that at Huston the floor is really slippery, that would worry me

There are mats down that pretty well cover that problem. There are still a few spots you gotta be careful with, if your animal walks on that slick part they could slip. It hasnt been a problem for me before.

jaydill":3h12i74j said:
Just_a_girl":3h12i74j said:

Good luck to your niece.

Thank you.... :D

My niece seems to really like Houston. I've heard many nice things, and a few bad.

TxCoUnTrYbOy":38dspyoo said:
Fort Worth really doesnt have much there to see. They have a few shops, and thats about it. San Antonio has a lot of stuff to see there, and you dont have to spend money to see some of the stuff. Houston, well, its all about money. For Houston nothing matters to them more than money. Its pretty obvious.
Fort Worth has history. The others can't match that. Fort Worth is a Cow Town.

Houston is a money town.

Here's my 2 cents..

Ft.Worth, to me is a home town show. You go once and you have seen everthing they have, and to me for some reason it was boring this year.

San Antonio(sp) don't go there, so don't know anything about it other than bad things.

Houston, this is my favorite show. The only bad things i can think of are the sandpaper walk ways bad for both cattle and people (triped over them millions of times last year), the "shops" nothing interesting to me, and the traffic. other than that i love everything else about it!

San Angelo, this is a show we go to and we as a family have a blast. One bad thing is that the only have select breeds that can show, this show is laid back, very laid back. We go to the rodeo like 4 times, but its only to watch my unlce fight bulls, and we have a blast going to those. You dont have to fight crowds and very nice people. We have fun at this one also

-bherefords":3j0qny6o said:
San Angelo, this is a show we go to and we as a family have a blast. One bad thing is that the only have select breeds that can show, this show is laid back, very laid back. We go to the rodeo like 4 times, but its only to watch my unlce fight bulls, and we have a blast going to those. You dont have to fight crowds and very nice people. We have fun at this one also
When does San Angelo start and end? I may have to go up to that. I missed out on the rodeo at Fort Worth this year cause the people I went with were too cheap to pay $17 to see the rodeo, but spent $200+ on a new pair of boots. :roll:

The one thing I hate would be the crowds. They looked at me like I was a disgusting alien when I would scoop the poop up. Humans poop too, cows just don't have fancy toilets

This was my first year to go to San Antonio, and we had a BLAST! Well, other than the fact that I broke my nose! It was easy to get into (open show, I don't know about juniors) the hotels were close and cheap, and the food was good! Entertainment wasn't bad either.. Extreme Bulls and Dierks Bentley all in one show!

Houston is definately a "high class" show.. it's also the International Brahman show, so very very crowded for that show. But I think they have good shops.. very expensive! I get a kick out of the high class women in their leather pants and boots tucked in.

Ft. Worth is always colder than HECK, and the barns are horribly drafty. I think they have really good booths however. And very hard to get into!

They are all great shows, and you can't help but have a good time! I think they should spread them out a little! They are way to close together.

Well as bad as a 5th generation Texan hates to say it, but the Great Western in Colarado can beat all 3 of em put together.

I've always been told sale-wise, you've got the best chance of making it at San Antonio. Unfortunately, our school district doesn't allow us "field trip" days to show there. We can only hit Fort Worth and Houston.
TheBullLady":1020eox7 said:
Well, other than the fact that I broke my nose!
:shock: I hope you feel better! How did Pedro do? I think I saw it mentioned somewhere else but I don't remember how he did.

houstoncutter":1020eox7 said:
Well as bad as a 5th generation Texan hates to say it, but the Great Western in Colarado can beat all 3 of em put together.
:eek: Really? How was it?

jaydill":3lylzpxv said:
houstoncutter":3lylzpxv said:
:eek: Really? How was it?
When and where in Colorado is the Great Western?

houstoncutter":1lg1i9t4 said:

I have not been to any of the Texas shows listed, but the National Western Stock Show first of Jan in Denver, would be hard to be out done!

I would love to go to the National Western some day, but dang I don't think I can take the weather in Denver in JANUARY!

Latest posts