For all you hunters out there

Help Support CattleToday:

Great article. ;-)

There is so much truth to that. You see that antis spending so much on what they personally feel and they are actually hurting who they are suppose to be saving.

With out hunting alot of "game" would be gone... and the ones still here would be destroying every thing.

that is a good article...
Unfortunately society is becoming more of an "urban" type one.
Some people will never "get it" about the idea of us hunters, or why we do it. Its not just about killing something for the sake of killing it. I happen to do it because it actually puts food on my family's table, which we all happen to love. Cant tell you how much it has probably saved me dollar-wise by killing our own game, and butchering it.
Can hardly wait until this weekend.... opening gun day!! :p

I hunt and kill only what i like to eat.
But will kill anything causing harm in my environment or to put a poor creature out of pain and suffering.

I am a true believer in mother nature having a way of keeping the population of all creatures to a certain level. War's,storms,floods fires and so on.
If not for this we would be really overpopulated.

I'll probably get a lot of slack over the last statement.

Cal

We eat a lot of wild game :shock:

In MN alone there are 30 some thousand insurance claims per year from deer hit on highways. This alone keeps the bleeding hearts thinking. Kinda totally confuses them as what they want to protest.

Besides nation wide deer hunting alone is a multi billion $ industry.

It would scare us to know how much damage deer cause to the economy of the USA in auto damage, crop damage, disease vectors, etc.

Overall, I would say on average, that killed deer and caught fish is the most expensive food we eat. :lol:

Calman":jspp9idt said:
I hunt and kill only what i like to eat.
But will kill anything causing harm in my environment or to put a poor creature out of pain and suffering.

I am a true believer in mother nature having a way of keeping the population of all creatures to a certain level. War's,storms,floods fires and so on.
If not for this we would be really overpopulated.

I'll probably get a lot of slack over the last statement.

Cal

No harm done... some people just like to kill two birds with one stone. Enjoy the time hunting and provide meat for their families. ;-)

MikeC":1tm2p6le said:
It would scare us to know how much damage deer cause to the economy of the USA in auto damage, crop damage, disease vectors, etc.

Overall, I would say on average, that killed deer and caught fish is the most expensive food we eat. :lol:

Mike i talked with a farmer down in the easteren part of the state a wile back he said that for every 20 acer's they plant the wild game got 4 to 5 acer's .

rattler

MikeC":2w9ooi3n said:

Mike, ummm :shock: :shock: don't even want to think what that scrawny MT Muley buck cost Boss Lady per pound. :cry: :cry:

rattler":2qhljntu said:
MikeC":2qhljntu said:

Mike i talked with a farmer down in the easteren part of the state a wile back he said that for every 20 acer's they plant the wild game got 4 to 5 acer's .

rattler

There is a corn field that we hog hunt along the SA River that lost about 80% to deer. Its probably 200 acres. :shock:

Latest posts