Food For Thought

Help Support CattleToday:

Crowderfarms

Reaction score
wanted to share this with yall'

The other day, someone at a store in our town read that a methamphetamine lab had been found in an old farm house in the adjoining county and he asked me a rhetorical question, '' Why didn't we have a drug problem when you and I were growing up?''
I replied: I had a drug problem when I was young: I was drug to church on Sunday morning. I was drug to church for weddings and funerals. I was drug to family reunions and community socials no matter the weather. I was drug by my ears when I was disrespectful to adults.I was also drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed my parents, told a lie, brought home a bad report card, did not speak with respect, spoke ill of the teacher or the preacher. Or, if I didn't put forth my best effort in everything that was asked of me.

I was drug to the kitchen sink to have my mouth washed out with soap if I uttered a profane four letter word.I was drug out to pull weeds in mom's garden and flower beds and cockleburs out of dad's fields. I was drug to the homes of family, friends, and neighbors to help out some poor soul who had no one to mow the yard, repair the clothesline, or chop
some fire wood, and if my mother had ever known that I took a single dime as a tip for this kindness, she would have drug me back to the wood shed.

Those drugs are still in my veins; and they affect my behavior in everything I do, say, and think. They are stronger than cocaine, crack, or heroin, and if today's children had this kind of drug problem, America would be a better place

I got a real good dose of those drugs, you forgot drug to church on Sunday night and Wednesday night also and if there was a revival everyday.

Why do people allow their children to get away with those things now adays? Heaven forbid children should be disciplined. I agree, this place would be a lot better if children and their parents were held accountable for what they do.

I work around people, who for the most part, do not take responsibility for what they do. It is always someone else's fault. It's not their fault they missed their court date, or broke the law. It seems like all they get is a slap on the hand. Anyways, I might have a little tinted outlook because of the people I deal with.

was talking with our local Sheriff over lunch the other day, and I was asking about the meth problem, he stated that although we have one, it has recently been not so bad.>>>>
Because we have a local doctor that is writting precriptions for almost anything and everything, as much as a person wants. Now thats service!

My wife, also a ER physician, won't sign for anything for pain beyond aspirin, or tylenal, unless it is truly an emergency, or short term terminal situation. Shame. :(

Almost as bad as the scum bags that our State has that are selling their prescription drugs on the street that were paid for by TennCare.When will it end? Prison aint' good enough in my eyes.