Following Tracks.

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
Got to the woods this morning before daylight.
Just as daylight was light enough I decided I would do some Caustic hunting, and instead of setting in a blind waiting ,I decided to do some tracking.
Found these real nice set of big tracks. What I mean they were real easy to follow. After following for about a mile I got tired and sat down to rest right in the tracks. Sat there about 15 min.
And if I had not decided to get up and move on I would have gotten run over by the Burlington Northern. That really was a close call.
Learned my lesson on CB hunting. From now on it's the deer blind and feeder.

Cal

Calman":kiwq0p3i said:
Got to the woods this morning before daylight.
Just as daylight was light enough I decided I would do some Caustic hunting, and instead of setting in a blind waiting ,I decided to do some tracking.
Found these real nice set of big tracks. What I mean they were real easy to follow. After following for about a mile I got tired and sat down to rest right in the tracks. Sat there about 15 min.
And if I had not decided to get up and move on I would have gotten run over by the Burlington Northern. That really was a close call.
Learned my lesson on CB hunting. From now on it's the deer blind and feeder.

Cal

I was afraid the cow had turned around and was coming back

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thought I was tracking a big heavy deer one wet morning and looked up to see the neighbors big boar hog going over the next hill to get home by feeding time. :lol: :lol:

Had followed him for about an hour and a half. Part of the time on my knees. :roll:

Wouldn't have been so bad had I not let 3 or 4 other deer go that morning trying to get the big one. :shock:

I was on my aunt's farm in the Carolina's when a snow storm hit. Thought I'd track a deer in the fresh snow. After several hours of walking through the woods with a white sheet draped over me I got the strange impression the deer were just ahead of me and would continue to be so as long as they heard me crunching through the snow after them. I also came to understand why some people buy snow boots. :lol:

Calman, I was thinking to myself as I read :roll: how you were following easy deer tracks down in Texas :lol: That would take some perty good tracking. I'm glad it turned out to be train tracks.
Good story. 8)

MikeC":3figw8vt said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thought I was tracking a big heavy deer one wet morning and looked up to see the neighbors big boar hog going over the next hill to get home by feeding time. :lol: :lol:

Had followed him for about an hour and a half. Part of the time on my knees. :roll:

Wouldn't have been so bad had I not let 3 or 4 other deer go that morning trying to get the big one. :shock:

For the last two seasons there were so many hog tracks that you couldn't see deer tracks. Once the hogs thinned, you could inspect tracks again. The hog tracks are closer together and side by side. Now if you have two bucks in deep mud, you could get fooled real quick :lol:

Latest posts