Flower seed question

Help Support CattleToday:

Holmesfarm

Reaction score
Now that the summer is winding down I have collected flower seeds from my plants and that of friends.
what is the best time to start them :?: Not sure if I should sow them now or start indoors and winter them over inside.

what kind of plants?
some perennials do well if planted as plants in the fall

don't know about seed - although that is how mother nature reseeds :roll:

it depends, some you will need to stratify(Render fertile and preserve by placing between layers of earth or sand) in the refrigerator or freezer over winter

it depends. i would probably start them indoors a month or two before it will be warm enough outside to plant them. what kind of sseeds are they? as someone else mentioned some need to be stratified and some may even need scarification.

The seed from my garden are hollhock. last year I planted them in the fall outside and no luck. I got some different seeds from my daughters neighbor, don`t know the name but I love them , orange flower looks alot like bee balm under the orange is like a pineapple stands about 2 foot tall.they were in bloom in July here in central New York. I will search on the web to see if I can come up with a name. Thanks

Latest posts