Florida

Help Support CattleToday:

plumber_greg

Reaction score
As I type this I am literally walking out the door to go to Tampa and work on our landscaping business.
Heck, I ain't never seen no hurricane before, kinda excited. gs

plumber_greg":16vgnu37 said:
As I type this I am literally walking out the door to go to Tampa and work on our landscaping business.
I Hope for their sake,,you don't see it....

QPAOiDfl.jpg

My guess is that most of the Gulf coast won't get too much damage, but I wouldn't be traveling there willingly right now.

I've never been in one either and I don't want to be. My relatives on the east coast of Florida have been thru several and their stories are not pretty.

I pray Irma makes a hard right! If not Florida is in trouble. I am serving on a disaster relief team in Beaumont Texas right now with a lot of other Florida folks. Needless to say after seeing what Harvey did to this area we don't want to go home to face the same thing. Praying the low pressure system turns Irma out to sea!

Gizmom

This is one scary storm. I saw this morning that winds are at 185 MPH and gusts are up to 212 MPH. I heard that some of the winds are registering on the seismic scale as earthquakes. I will not complain about the smoke that has sucked in like fog here. I have it good compared to some folks.

My brother drove thru Winnie Texas this morning & said there were hundreds of military vehicles and a half dozen Apaches staged at the area where the rice festival is held..waiting to go wherever Irma does according to what he was told..

Made it. In a trailer in Sarasota. Me and my son's in laws are gonna ride it out in Eric's house. WInd and rain I guess. Gs

I saw some simple advice for riding out a hurricane on another forum:

1. Gather up enough food and water for 3 days.
2. Put it in your car.
3. Drive to Nebraska and stay there until Thanksgiving.

Stay safe, not smart at all.cat 5 is like a 300 mile wide, ef 5 tornado.If it hit you straight on, you'll get real close to G O D fast.

latest guess/advisory says going up the West side of Fla, making the whole Fla Peninsula the dirty side of the storm.

at201711_5day.gif

Just talked to my aunt, just north of Ft. Meyers. She's regretting not leaving last night, but now she's too scared of the traffic and just plans to hunker down. I'm still hoping she decides to leave tonight, though in reality I think that area will be mostly fine. Last wind forecast I saw said 40-60 mph winds, gusts to maybe 110. Not pleasant, but not devastating either.

plumber_greg":1xhomi17 said:
They are talking about 3-5 foot storm surge in Tampa Bay area.
Don't think I would be wanting to do any landscape work there right now. :roll:

Ryder":2noi4jf9 said:
plumber_greg":2noi4jf9 said:
They are talking about 3-5 foot storm surge in Tampa Bay area.
Don't think I would be wanting to do any landscape work there right now. :roll:

+1 :nod:

Latest posts