Flat bed (hay bed)

Help Support CattleToday:

aplusmnt

Reaction score
Have an old ford super cab 4x4 farm truck that rarely sees the black top. I would like a flat bed to work off of around the farm instead of the regular bed.

Looking for suggestions on what would be most economical way to go about getting a flat bed / hay bed for the truck.

Seems them that you see advertised new in Farm magazines are pretty stinking expensive.

I know where there are several used ones for sale. About two miles East of the state line on 54. A man name Charlie Comstock. Then in Deerfield, at Jims. He sells trucks.

r and s peckman":2vo59aay said:
I know where there are several used ones for sale. About two miles East of the state line on 54. A man name Charlie Comstock. Then in Deerfield, at Jims. He sells trucks.

Any info would be appreciated!

If you're not going for pretty just build one out of 2x4, 6,12s what ever. Carve out a couple of 4 bys to U-bolt to the frame and screw the twice bys to it then run a 2x4 down each side to keep the cross boards from warping or you can run 4x4s down the sides and bolt stake pockets to it. I had one like this on an old IH 3/4 ton that was 8'x10'. If you can get real one bys you can use them for the cross boards. And technically you can go 102" wide and still be legal.Z

lets hear a little more about the beds that comstock has for sale, as well as what you know about the ones located in deerfield. that is only about 25 minutes for me, and im in the market for either a hay truck or a bed

Latest posts