Fizzies

Help Support CattleToday:

I loved chewable vitamens. My mother had to keep them hidden, otherwise, I would have scarfed them and probably have gotten sick, or mega healthy, I'm not sure. I was a sickly kid.

Flintstones were nasty... I used to suck on them grainy little buggers (probably with a horrible look on my face!).
I just bought Good N Plenty's a couple weeks ago... my 7 y/o couldn't resist the pretty pink/black packaging. I told her "you're not going to like those"...but she insisted. I wound up eating them. How about the watermelon lipgloss that was in a tube the size of a can of hairspray! Smearing that stuff on along with a comb in your back pocket made you too cool for words!! Or Atari... the box with the single joystick... playing TV tennis. Did any of your mom's ever make fermented fruit? My mom would put fruit cocktail in a HUGE pickle jar and keep adding sugar and stirring, adding sugar and stirring. When done the stuff was lethal!!

Wisteria the lipgloss post had to make me laugh, boy does that bring back memories.

I don't remember my mom making fermented fruit but I do remember her making friendship loaf and it was kinda the same way.

I remember my dads Sunday morning or camping pancakes, he would put beer in the batter to make them fluffier.. :eek: They sure were good though.

What about your favorite bicycle with the big ole banana seat..

Fizzies for me have become Alkaseltzer Plus....
But the drinks that came to mind were Ovalteen and Bosco... (I was into chocolate)

Ah! I remember Ovalteen....my two brothers and me were Ovaltineys, we were in there club back in the late 50's early 60's. Good times. This was the song:-
We Are The Ovaltineys
We are the Ovaltineys,
Little girls and boys;
Make your requests, we'll not refuse you,
We are here just to amuse you.
Would you like a song or story,
Will you share our joys?
At games and sports we're more than keen;
No merrier children can be seen,
Because we all drink Ovaltine,
We're happy girls and boys!

chrisy":13sblf4f said:
Ah! I remember Ovalteen....my two brothers and me were Ovaltineys, we were in there club back in the late 50's early 60's. Good times. This was the song:-
We Are The Ovaltineys
We are the Ovaltineys,
Little girls and boys;
Make your requests, we'll not refuse you,
We are here just to amuse you.
Would you like a song or story,
Will you share our joys?
At games and sports we're more than keen;
No merrier children can be seen,
Because we all drink Ovaltine,
We're happy girls and boys!
I'm sorry

hillsdown":3q0lpm3k said:
Wisteria the lipgloss post had to make me laugh, boy does that bring back memories.

I don't remember my mom making fermented fruit but I do remember her making friendship loaf and it was kinda the same way.

I remember my dads Sunday morning or camping pancakes, he would put beer in the batter to make them fluffier.. :eek: They sure were good though.

What about your favorite bicycle with the big ole banana seat..

Oh my gosh.... the banana seat! And the big ole handlebars...did you ride it standing up with your best friend swinging and swaying off the back of it? (I'm laughing so hard...)...Did any of you girls have "feathered" bangs that looked like WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!????? I can't believe how retarded I was. My mom even talked me into getting a permanent one time and my hair came out looking like a golf ball fro....Oh my gosh this is a riot...

One more thing... Prom dresses that looked like "Gone With the Wind"....I had one with 6 hoops and by the time I got myself stuffed in the boyfriends car you couldn't see ME for the DRESS!!!! Did anyone have fuzzy dice hanging from their rear-view-mirror? Or how about a rabbits foot keychain? Mood rings (that turned your finger green!!).

Wisteria Farms":13667k8q said:
One more thing... Prom dresses that looked like "Gone With the Wind"....I had one with 6 hoops and by the time I got myself stuffed in the boyfriends car you couldn't see ME for the DRESS!!!! Did anyone have fuzzy dice hanging from their rear-view-mirror? Or how about a rabbits foot keychain? Mood rings (that turned your finger green!!).
I loved you girls in those dresses. I didn't know they had hoops. Thought it was just a bunch of petticoats you wore. Or was this a diffeent deal? I couldn't ask becasue such subjects were way off limits.

I had minature boxing gloves hanging from rear view mirror. My "statement".

In second grade, Johnny had a key ring thing. It was sort of like a very small telescope. But it had a picture in it. :banana: :banana: :banana:
We were terrified of getting caught looking, but just couldn"t resist. We knew if the pincipal caught us that would be the end of our natural lives.

Johnny had some other stuff too. He knew a lot about things. He got his information from his big brothers. I got my information from him. I Iater found out that most of his information was wrong. Thank goodness!