First Simmental sired calf

Help Support CattleToday:

3A229B52-0440-42C1-8CE6-9B557BBF128D.jpegSecond calf a bull calf, by a 9 or 10 year old commercial Simmental cow. This cow has been a calf raiser, and always one of the first to calve. Had her since she was a weaned heifer. She was bred when I bought her, so she had one of those oops calves. Too early to tell but if all goes along well this calf may well be a bull prospect.

Looks like you were able to cheat on this one. Calf is on one side of fence and Mom on other. Easy to check calf and not worry about Mom. Nice deep cow.
Yes, I used to could get her calf tagged and her standing there, but that changed a couple years ago. I think with the coyotes and buzzards around most of these cows have become more on edge about protecting their calves. I walked him down the hill and got them on the same side.

Yes, I used to could get her calf tagged and her standing there, but that changed a couple years ago. I think with the coyotes and buzzards around most of these cows have become more on edge about protecting their calves. I walked him down the hill and got them on the same side.
I get a bit nervous dealing with the calf when the mother is on the other side, always worrying about them coming over the top right onto me.

Ken

Latest posts