First Frost

Help Support CattleToday:

Joy in Texas

Reaction score
Got up this morning to all the sparkles on the trucks,tractor and fence post . Yes,I think we are going to have a hard winter this year.

Joy in Texas":19y381hw said:
Got up this morning to all the sparkles on the trucks,tractor and fence post . Yes,I think we are going to have a hard winter this year.

I never expected TX to have a frost before OH! We're supposed to get down to 32 on Sunday with a high of 56. Currently we are at 54 degrees.

we havent had a frost yet in northest tx yet.but we could have an early frost.most times it dont frost here till thanksgiving.

I can't remember the last time we had a frost before Halloween. They said on the news there was a freeze in the hill country. But we don't live there. We are about 36 miles south east of San Antonio.

We are getting "SNAIN" this morning-- snow/rain that is melting as it hits-- coming down so light its hardly got the ground wet... A reminder that winter is around the corner...

It was 37 this morning so no frost here yet. I think it may get colder, though. I can remember snow one year on my birthday in, oh, 1977 I think it was. That was the earliest I have seen it, on Oct 13th.

you texans are lucky buggers! it was 23 degrees at 8:00am this morning! frost has been around for awhile. i agree though its likely to be a hard winter

Looks like the weather boys are predicting a warmer and dryer winter for much of the nation-- with the northwest and mountains getting above normal snow...Pretty well normal for the plains- altho I don't like what he said about the extreme cold in western and northern Canada- as the Canadians usually leave the door open and that stuff usually sinks down and gets me....
A strong La Nina has set in...

AccuWeather.com Winter Forecast
Posted 2007-10-22
JOE BASTARDI'S ACCUWEATHER.COM WINTER FORECAST
The extended winter forecast for the months of November through March calls for a cooler than normal start and end but the traditional winter months, December through February, may be one of the top 10 warmest winters ever for the southeastern United States. The heat will be centered over the Tennessee Valley and the Carolinas. For the nation as a whole, this winter will be warmer than last winter; especially in the second half of January and February when last winter season was at its coldest.
http://www.accuweather.com/news-weather-features.asp

Had our first killing frost last night. It was two weeks later than average. Late corn was still very green, but that will change now.

Been in the mid 50's at night and in the 70's during the day here. Leaving the windows open so I can use a blanket. :D Excellent weather for outside work. :D

Well,I should change frost to freeze. Hubby said when he left at 6:15 that morning. There was ice frozen in a couple of ice chest that he had washed out. He also had ice on the windshield.
I do know all of that pretty green grass is now ...a pretty brown color. Poof over night and it's gone.
The cows are already starting feed me ! I have notice several that have really have thick fur on them now. Even the new baby born a couple of weeks ago . Has a real thick coat. Burrrr makes me cold just thinking about it.

We put the tank heaters in today...ice was to thick for the gals to break through.
We haven't had a real bad winter in many years...the almanac is perdicting a warm winter....Susie bought me a lambs wool hat
just in case.
DMc

October 10 is about the time we get a frost. We haven't had one yet.

Susie David":19m302m2 said:
We put the tank heaters in today...ice was to thick for the gals to break through.
We haven't had a real bad winter in many years...the almanac is perdicting a warm winter....Susie bought me a lambs wool hat
just in case.
DMc

i know how your feeling!

~

Got our first frost this morning ( 22 degrees ) and picked my last eggplants last night.

Started the woodstove tonight and hope we get an "indian summer" for a few weeks SOON.

I am not ready for the 6 months of winter yet.

First frost this morning. The Katydids have become politicians they made noise and lied this year. They predicted frost for the first of the month.

No hard frost here yet..(st. louis mo area). weather still in the 70's...wish the grass looked this good months ago. Usually have a hard frost by halloween... they are prediciting a warmer than usual winter here..Is this global warming? (seems to be the excuse for everything). Donna

Latest posts