First for me..

Help Support CattleToday:

Limomike

Reaction score
Had to pull a calf from a heifer the other day, BIG headed calf, that was dead. He77 of a one to pull thats for sure..
Anyway, the heifer is ok, except she got a bit of an infection, I cleaned her out good, then I shot her with some LA300, two differnt times. Shes back to normal that way, but her hip bones are sticking up along with her tail. Dont know if we might have damaged her back some, or pushed the hips out of place or what? wish I had photos, but she is walking and even runs good. Dont seem to be botherd by it at all. But dont know if it will affect her breeding or being able to breed back and have a calf next time.
Anyone ever have this happen to them?

We had a heifer have a 110 lb bull calf that was a heck of a pull (2 guys and the better part of an hour), got him out alive, heifer had a serious tears inside and pinched nerves. LA300 and she bred back on time. She never did turn into a good cow though... I'd say there's hope for her... just toss her out with the bull if she has no calf and see what happens, you'll know pretty quick, and you can ship her if it doesn't pan out.

branguscowgirl":2tockjqb said:
Can you possibly post a picture?
If you do not know how, I can post if you email it.
Thanks branguscowgirl... I dont have a pic of her, but if I do get one, I will try to put it up

Nesikep.. yes, I kinda figured the same thing. I turned her out yesterday, and I will see how she does. She seems healthy, but those hip bones are both sticking up just looks abnormal . Maybe she will be ok. time will tell

Latest posts